First Wargame on steam

Started by crowdrake, October 20, 2023, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

crowdrake

Hi I have been doing games for years, but finally got the motivation to get it on steam. I am hoping you will support me in my sale. its a fresh type of game you may find different enough to be interesting.

 https://store.steampowered.com/app/2659830/WarDoom_Wargame/   

I had spent a bit on dev, so hoping to get some back, if you guys think its worth it, if I get enough back I will release more.  cant say price before release, and cant say more than its coming soon. I hope you put it on wish list, .

SirAndrewD

Congrats.  Wishlisted.

I'm going to say something to you crowdrake.  I deeply admire the work you've done and the amount of time you've spent on this stuff. 

It reminds me of my old days doing scenarios for Age of Rifles, UMS 2 and others.  I don't even slightly have the time for that nowadays so I know what it takes. 

I'll buy your game.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

crowdrake

SirAndrewD Thankyou your my first customer contact, I had AoR too I think I still have the CD,

SirAndrewD

Quote from: crowdrake on October 20, 2023, 08:43:22 PMSirAndrewD Thankyou your my first customer contact, I had AoR too I think I still have the CD,

Don't thank me too fast.  As Gus has said, I'm the resident game whore.

Check the VR thread, I just got a danged $2k VR package half on accident.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Slut.

Congrats Crowdrake - I have wish-listed WarDoom too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Congrats.  Wish listed.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

crowdrake


ArizonaTank

Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 12:56:44 PMthanks guys.

I for one would be very interested in hearing about your journey with this from time to time.

BTW, did you use a game engine? 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2023, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 12:56:44 PMthanks guys.

I for one would be very interested in hearing about your journey with this from time to time. Some of the nuts and bolts stuff.

BTW, did you use a game engine? 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

crowdrake

No engine its hand crafted thousands and thousands of lines of code, prob 25,000 lines. I have a naval game that should be online soon too, I am hoping I can make back my dev money enough so I can put more online.

al_infierno

Congrats!  Wishlisted as well and will pick it up when it comes out.   :notworthy:

Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 02:15:40 PMNo engine its hand crafted thousands and thousands of lines of code, prob 25,000 lines. I have a naval game that should be online soon too, I am hoping I can make back my dev money enough so I can put more online.


That's fairly impressive.  What language did you write it in?
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

crowdrake

the amiga used blitzbasic , the people who made it carried on dev in it and we got a PC version blitzmax, then they made a modern 64bit version monkey, I programmed it in monkey2 , its not as bad as it sounds you do a lot of copy and paste and alter small parts of code, but debugging is a pain

Sparhawk

Wish listed. It looks like it can kick my butt for a good while.

crowdrake

thx Sparhawk , glad you put it on your list.

crowdrake

you guys gave me the insentive to put another wargame on, It costs to put them on, so hoping very much to get back the costs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2652570/Bargain_Wargame/

as you can see from the name the game is a bargain price, i hope you will agree, cant do anything else now but hope.