Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groggy

Someone please tell the terrorists to release the hostages or else the "good guys" will kill another 3,000 children.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Groggy on November 03, 2023, 03:53:38 PMSomeone please tell the terrorists to release the hostages or else the "good guys" will kill another 3,000 children.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Groggy on November 03, 2023, 03:53:38 PMSomeone please tell the terrorists to release the hostages or else the "good guys" will kill another 3,000 children.

these kids?

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

I'm sure Groggy meant Hamas when he typed 'good guys.'

But please don't let me put words in your mouth, Groggy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way."
Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook, pg. 38

Now while there may be a certain truth to that thought of the day in the WH40K universe, I believe that is not applicable to our world.  However that being said it sure does look like the madmen are leading the way. 

Guys, and I'm talking to the non-Jews here, we need to be respectful considering the website we're on.  It's ok to disagree but it's best for everyone to do it in a respectful manner.  Sarcasm doesn't help no matter how righteous you might think your cause is.  Present the facts clearly and amicably and you'll get a better discussion. 

At the end of the day we might not all see eye to eye but we are all groghead brothers.  No need to let our different opinions and beliefs stop us from being friends. 

I know what I'm saying might sound a bit foolish and idealistic to some but if we can learn to disagree while still maintaining cordial talks isn't the world a better place for it?

Also keep in mind that what's happening now in the middle east affects a lot of us in a personal and emotional manner.  I can spit vile venom if I wanted to concerning how my people were ethnically cleansed from Nagorno Karabakh last month before the middle east erupted on fire and the world didn't give a damn about the plight of the Armenians.  But what good would that do? 

What's happening today in the world is totally demonic, there really is no other explanation for it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Groggy, I'm sympathetic to the idea that Palestine is full of victims and not necessarily perpetrators or supporters of terror.  But I have to ask what you think you're accomplishing by posting intentionally incendiary stuff like this on a forum that clearly has strong feelings on the topic?  If you want to make the case that Palestinians are being unfairly victimized by Israel's policies, I am open to hearing them.  But dropping an "actually Isreal is the bad guy here" bomb without elaborating on it or justifying it isn't helpful and won't change anybody's mind.

I am in favor of de-radicalizing a future generation of Palestinians instead of wiping them out, and with this thought in mind I can share what I assume is your distaste for folks who say Gaza should be leveled.  I also expressed similar concern earlier in this thread.  But at the same time, I would recommend you maybe think through your posts a bit more next time and try to form a cogent argument that might make somebody reconsider their views rather than stirring the pot with a concise Twitter-esque reply.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MikeGER

Don't worry Groggy, the Palestine Human Shield Generator produce about 5400 new units a month, so actual situation is not even weakening the shield yet  :huh:

...doing the Ha-math for you :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 03, 2023, 10:44:17 PM

Groggy, I'm sympathetic to the idea that Palestine is full of victims and not necessarily perpetrators or supporters of terror.  But I have to ask what you think you're accomplishing by posting intentionally incendiary stuff like this on a forum that clearly has strong feelings on the topic?  If you want to make the case that Palestinians are being unfairly victimized by Israel's policies, I am open to hearing them.  But dropping an "actually Isreal is the bad guy here" bomb without elaborating on it or justifying it isn't helpful and won't change anybody's mind.

I am in favor of de-radicalizing a future generation of Palestinians instead of wiping them out, and with this thought in mind I can share what I assume is your distaste for folks who say Gaza should be leveled.  I also expressed similar concern earlier in this thread.  But at the same time, I would recommend you maybe think through your posts a bit more next time and try to form a cogent argument that might make somebody reconsider their views rather than stirring the pot with a concise Twitter-esque reply.

In Groggy's defense, making such an argument for his case would most certainly cross our well-defined line of what constitutes R&P. Giving him every benefit of the doubt, he may be deliberately obtuse in his postings in an effort to make his point without getting into too much detail as to justify censure from a mod.

I recognize it is a difficult line to tow and Groggy, based upon what I surmise are his true feelings on this issue, has been especially restrained. It's not easy to sit silently by as others post news and opinions that are in stark contrast to one's own thoughts and views.

So while I think going down this rabbit hole will most certainly cross into R&P and quite rapidly, at that, I'm willing to indulge for the time being unless and until things get out of hand or start distracting from more on point or appropriate topics. Personally, while I certainly can understand how one might take issue with certain policies enacted by Israel, I cannot for the life of me see how this could justify widespread support for Hamas or justification for naked acts of terror. Perhaps my curiosity has simply gotten the best of me?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Redwolf

I don't understand how anybody can take the victim numbers out of Gaza seriously. They are entirely controlled by Hamas and to me completely useless.

The fact that we don't get any alternative numbers does not improve their quality.

GDS_Starfury

would you want to be a western journo in gaza right now?  :axechaser: 

Skoop

I think the ones really victimizing Palestinians are Iran.  Palestinians are just pawns in Iran's Middle East power play.  Sad really, because with gazas loacation, it could have been the Singapore of the Middle East, but they went the terrorist route. 

Quite interesting that Arab nations are not very aggressive, but it's Persian Iran that's the catalyst for violence here.  And also seems the Hamas/ Hezbollah / Iran has been playing the information war pretty solid, I can't see how anyone would be on their side after what we saw on 10/7.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on November 04, 2023, 02:05:35 PMI think the ones really victimizing Palestinians are Iran.  Palestinians are just pawns in Iran's Middle East power play.  Sad really, because with gazas loacation, it could have been the Singapore of the Middle East, but they went the terrorist route. 

Quite interesting that Arab nations are not very aggressive, but it's Persian Iran that's the catalyst for violence here.  And also seems the Hamas/ Hezbollah / Iran has been playing the information war pretty solid, I can't see how anyone would be on their side after what we saw on 10/7.

Palestinians are used not just by Iran, but by every single Arab state. Nobody wants them in their country, but at the same time, they're valuable pawns in the PR war against Israel and the west. Think about it, Egypt and Jordan won't let a single refugee across their borders, yet somehow, they're Israel's total responsibility.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 04, 2023, 02:29:48 PMPalestinians are used not just by Iran, but by every single Arab state. Nobody wants them in their country, but at the same time, they're valuable pawns in the PR war against Israel and the west. Think about it, Egypt and Jordan won't let a single refugee across their borders, yet somehow, they're Israel's total responsibility.

It was the same way in '48. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback