Henry Kissinger Dies, Aged 100

Started by Gusington, November 29, 2023, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 30, 2023, 05:18:41 AMabout time

Another hollow, thoughtless and detached comment about an individual whose achievements and contributions far outweigh your own.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

:ROFL:

there were moments in history where he had a huge impact no doubt.  he was also a grade A asshole overall.
just because a famous figure dies doesn't mean you have to like or respect them.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Groggy

''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

Keepin' it classy as usual, Groggy. I was taught around age 3 'if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.'

Let's apply that here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

As a Canadian I was aware of him and his role internationally. Love him/hate him he was for a time an influential person and his legacy will resonate for decades more past his death. 
I am sure he'll be missed by some - his family for sure.

He certainly lived a long life and seen a lot. Unlike many of us, he lead an influential life. One could say he earned his rest.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Groggy

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2023, 10:11:17 AMKeepin' it classy as usual, Groggy. I was taught around age 3 'if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.'

Let's apply that here.

I was taught how to read around the age of 6. Now go apply yourself and read The Trial of Henry Kissinger by Christopher Hitchens.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Is it really a big shocker that some people despise Kissinger?  He did a lot of good, but he was also complicit in a lot of evil.  Illegally bombing Cambodia is the most obvious one that comes to mind.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 30, 2023, 02:51:32 PMIs it really a big shocker that some people despise Kissinger?  He did a lot of good, but he was also complicit in a lot of evil.  Illegally bombing Cambodia is the most obvious one that comes to mind.

Most of the people who despise Kissinger and think he was complicit in "evil" also think the October 7 attack by Hamas on Israeli civilians was "justified". Was the man perfect? Of course not. Far from it. But there is nothing that I can see in searching his record that makes his service so abhorrent to justify praise over his death. This is based on nothing more than US-loathing radicalism.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

And for the record, I have mixed feelings on Kissinger as well.

I did not ban Groggy for despising Kissinger.

I banned him for being out of line one too many times. I had enough of that noize.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd