Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020/2024

Started by Redwolf, December 15, 2023, 05:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Redwolf

Heatblur's F-14 Tomcat is out for MSFS2020. You even get a 30% discount if you own the DCS version already (although this only seems to work if you purchased at Heatblur's own store).

In related new MSFS2024 is coming next year and will carry purchases over: https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

Skoop

Yeah, I don't see the point of flying combat aircraft in MSFS2020 when you can't launch weapons and blow stuff up.  It is nice to fly the whole world though, but I keep these two worlds separate.  DCS to blow things up, MSFS2020 to practice civi flight. 

The MSFS2024 will be nice, not exactly thrilled about buying the sim again, but if the content is good, might be worth it.  I mean, the team upgrading the engine has to get paid somehow.  As long as I don't have to rebuy all the addons for 2024, I'm good.

SirAndrewD

Does it have Jester constantly bitching at you and prematurely ejecting?

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

There's a sale of the highest rated aircraft going on. I couldn't resist picking up the F-35 and 737-800.

Overall this sim is coming together nicely. Even more so since I gave it even more disk space and downloaded all the terrain updates :)

Redwolf

Where do I buy Indiafoxtecho's Tornado IDS?

If you buy it outside the game's own marketplace it has weapons. But I can only find foreign links to purchase it.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on September 01, 2024, 12:23:56 PMWhere do I buy Indiafoxtecho's Tornado IDS?

If you buy it outside the game's own marketplace it has weapons. But I can only find foreign links to purchase it.

These are stores I've used before without issues :
https://orbxdirect.com/product/indiafoxtecho-tornado-msfs
https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafoxtecho-tornado-msfs.phtml

PS : If you buy aircraft outside the in-game marketplace some planes have visible weapons loaded on pylons, but you can't launch any.

Jarhead0331

You can also download the weapon packs for free. You just can't get them through the marketplace.

I addition to Orbx, I also buy from Contrail.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

Yeah, those sales links are what I found.

I guess it is the extra package and marketplaceit is then.

I know I can't bomb Microsoft HQ in MSFS. I just want the simulated weight on the wings.


Jarhead0331

The Tornado is great. It was a day 1 buy for me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skoop

I'm surprised the tacpack hasn't made it's way over to msfs2020 so you guys could at least blow stuff up with your military aircraft.

On a side note, you guys looked at war thunder much lately ?  I usually snobbishly looked down on it as arcade BS, but the sim battles portion is like dcs / iL2 lite and it has every aircraft under the sun, including Tornados that you could actually bomb stuff with.  Only kicker is you have to spend hours grinding and unlocking everything, which is the fun / annoying part depending on your perspective.

Redwolf

Tornado flies well. I am also very happy that they included a Marineflieger livery (West German Navy fliers).

Pretty small instruments and windshield, though, after some time in the F-35C.

Currently downloading the companion package. Any idea how I would go about driving that tractor?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on September 04, 2024, 02:20:58 PMI'm surprised the tacpack hasn't made it's way over to msfs2020 so you guys could at least blow stuff up with your military aircraft.

On a side note, you guys looked at war thunder much lately ?  I usually snobbishly looked down on it as arcade BS, but the sim battles portion is like dcs / iL2 lite and it has every aircraft under the sun, including Tornados that you could actually bomb stuff with.  Only kicker is you have to spend hours grinding and unlocking everything, which is the fun / annoying part depending on your perspective.

I very frequently look at War Thunder and think about installing to check it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Redwolf

Good news. Cosmetic weapons will be allowed in MSFS2024.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0239JAqc6swJuAzfLCxPQQBLeW1ouyx9uRejWmqPG8WqCb5Hu43FEY6RQAAuZcjNwbl&id=100063594881948

"Indiafoxtecho

NOTAM: COSMETIC WEAPONS ALLOWED ON MSFS MARKETPLACE(?)
******
As may of you have noticed, in the latest Flight Simulator Developer stream, Microsoft has announced that COSMETIC weapons will be allowed on Marketplace items - contrary to the previous rules.
This is good news for us, if anything because maintaining separate Marketplace and Non-marketplace versions was a lot of work.
While the rumor that the policy was under review was already circulating, so far the rule has been strictly enforced.
We have contacted Microsoft to clarify the new rules, when they will be applied and if they are also valid for scenery items.
If the rule is confirmed, it is our intent to update our packages as soon as possible - BUT we may also need to include some fixes to improve MSFS2024 compatibility, so this may not happen immediately.
The packages potentially affected are:
T-45C (PC and XBox)
M-346 (PC and XBox)
F-35 (PC ONLY due to memory constraints)
F-14 (PC and XBox)
Tornado (PC and XBox)
If the rules will apply also to scenery objects we will also update the carrier packages. This is also good news for Cavour and Queen Elizabeth, as it reduces the maintainance workload.
We'll keep you posted.
"