Paul Bruffell's Ancient Warfare series resurrected?

Started by PAK, December 17, 2023, 02:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PAK

Looks like as HPS and Bruffell have recreated the Ancient Warfare series, Bronze Age Wars was published in April and Punic Wars 2 was published in June.
Have some positive recollections on Punic Wars, back 15 or something years, wonder how much stuff was changed in the second iteration.
https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/Ancient/BronzeAgeWars/BronzeAgeWars_D.asp
https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/Ancient/PunicWars2/PW2.asp

Rayfer

WOW...I didn't even know that HPS.SIMs was still around.

PAK

Looks like as very much alive and kicking, mainly with Bruffell's stuff right now. Sadly, all the older titles (Hamilton's, Tiller's) are no longer available. Still, the Ancient Warfare calls to me a bit. Pity there's no demo version.

Grim.Reaper

Tried some of his stuff, didn't click with me, especially ui

SirAndrewD

Blast from the past!

I had Punic Wars back in the day and enjoyed it.

However, I'll pass on those price points.  Field of Glory II pretty much has this covered and then some for modern tastes, at least for me.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GaryMc

Quote from: PAK on December 17, 2023, 02:46:32 PMLooks like as very much alive and kicking, mainly with Bruffell's stuff right now. Sadly, all the older titles (Hamilton's, Tiller's) are no longer available. Still, the Ancient Warfare calls to me a bit. Pity there's no demo version.

Of course, WDS has all the HPS Tiller Titles and current updates.

rahamy

Sad to say, but Paul passed away this summer from cancer. He was a good guy and will be missed.

<salute>
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Tripoli

Quote from: rahamy on December 19, 2023, 08:42:05 AMSad to say, but Paul passed away this summer from cancer. He was a good guy and will be missed.

I was unaware of this.  RIP Paul
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln