Micropose Announced Bomber Games

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 26, 2022, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

First look at B-17, releases tomorrow. I don't recall the old version much, this looks decent enough to keep me interested for a bit.


Silent Disapproval Robot

Ugh.  I was hoping for a re-work of the gfx engine for the flight portions.

I'll give this one a miss.  Looks too dated for me.

Toonces

Wow.  That looks horrible. 

I mean, unless somebody gives me some compelling reason to pick this up...what in the world does this do that the original didn't?  The graphics are barely different.

This is going to get SLAMMED.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Early access and they stated initial focus was on interior updates with external and terrain coming later...wasn't expecting a ton, will be fine for me assuming reasonable price.

As you have seen from our past dev blogs we have focused our early development on the interior of the B-17, as the majority of your decision-making within the game will happen from the interior of the Flying Fortress. So be prepared to see the exteriors of aircraft and terrain get visual updates as the early access progresses.

Jarhead0331

Press codes were supposed to be handed out last week. There has clearly been a delay. I wonder if they don't want negative reviews prior to release.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tripoli

I had expected more, but it will still be a day one buy for me.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

The prior version doesn't seem to work on modern operating systems very well (as Rimmy Downunder discovered not long ago), so having it work on Win 11 would be a big step forward. Hopefully the old bugs have also been worked out (not counting any new ones. {g} )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

#52
They have stated the planned changes, some exist today while others planned later in early access. Good enough for me assuming price is good, which we will know in about 5 hours when released.

The same experience remastered with the original engine upgraded to support the functionality present in DX 12. Working on the redux will give us the opportunity to look back and learn in order to push forward with future Flying Fortress titles

An Early Access From the Inside Out
During the early access release the game will continue to be updated.

Currently you can look forward to seeing:

Updated B-17 Interiors
New Crew Models
Updated Interfaces, no more comic sans in the interface
Music in menus
Updated Front end menus
Updated Airfield interiors
Aspect Ratio upgrade from 4:3 to 16:9
In progress Terrain enhancements, including being able to see further into the distance making the navigator's job a little easier
Improvements to the original Mighty 8th engine that have resulted in smoother frame rates and better performance on modern machines

We are focused on continuing to improve the game as time goes on. The planned improvements include:

Updated B-17 Exteriors
Updated Fighter Exteriors
Improved player control options
New Missions
Improvements to training missions and tutorials to better onboard new players
A New game manual
Larger Aircraft Formations

Grim.Reaper

#53
B-17 release has been delayed, they don't have a new date but hope is short.  They did release price which is $14.99 then 10% release discount when it does.  Also mentioned that previous owners of the game  on steam will receive more of a discount since they are bundling in the old game as well, but didn't mention how much.  I suspect it will still release before masters of the air premieres later this week as I am sure they want to capitalize on that event.

Bomber 3 did release and that is $9.99 and then 20% discount.

At these prices, no brainer for me.

Toonces

Ok.  Deep breaths taken.  For $14.99, and given everything posted above, I'll get it. 

That video was just really jarring.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

The_Admiral

There was a devlog about said delay, including sneak peeks at the exterior model, the price info mentioned by GR,  a link to a WiP re-done manual, etc...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/2000800/announcements/detail/3964923641025307205

There was a new devlog for the VR title just today, with a video

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1325580/announcements/detail/3957042341694209036

Old TImer

Ok, I'm confused.  Is Bomber 3 a new game?  What is the difference between Bomber 3 and B17 Redux?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Old TImer on January 23, 2024, 02:19:00 PMOk, I'm confused.  Is Bomber 3 a new game?  What is the difference between Bomber 3 and B17 Redux?

Totally different games. Both of them are old PC classics, but Bomber 3, I believe was released a few years prior to the original version of Redux and it does not have any flight sim elements.  B-17 is a bomber "management" game while also possessing heavy sim elements where the player can pilot the aircraft and main each of the crew positions. The Redux version will be released in early access initially and is intended to improve graphics somewhat and make the game more compatible with modern hardware.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18



Grim.Reaper

Hopefully releasing on steam today, still nothing...