Next three rumoured Total War games

Started by undercovergeek, May 17, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

RPS has heard the next TW game 'maybe' Star Wars themed with the other 2 been a historical (MW3) and 40K

My 'CA may be saved' spidey senses are tingling

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/rumours-point-to-total-war-star-wars-in-the-works-at-creative-assembly

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I don't know how I feel about a Star Wars: Total War...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Heck, 40K would be lots more insane than Star Wars.

And I saw that Medieval 3 tease. However, 40K and MW3 are purely guesses in the article, not even rumor (or not a new rumor anyway).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

I would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

No hesitation for me, immediate buy for Star Wars.  As for yet another Medieval game, although I like the time period would rather them try something new (i.e. American Civil War, etc.) although I realize rifle era hasn't been it's strength.

undercovergeek

 
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 18, 2024, 05:49:52 AMNo hesitation for me, immediate buy for Star Wars.  As for yet another Medieval game, although I like the time period would rather them try something new (i.e. American Civil War, etc.) although I realize rifle era hasn't been it's strength.

There is some suggestion in the article that elements of WH2 and WH3 have been a practice run with 'rifle' fire for 40k or Star Wars

Having just started a WH2 campaign with the skaven and their warp fire repeaters there's definitely working rifle fire

Grim.Reaper

Cool, then I am hoping they progress to eras not previously covered, versus continuing to have new versions of old material.

Gusington

'Victoria/Edwardia Total War' please I beg...1837-1910ish...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

World War I Total War?? Delayed indefinitely?  :embarrassed:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Senex

Quote from: Geezer on May 18, 2024, 01:17:06 AMI would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.
Lord Vadar finds your lack of faith disturbing.

JasonPratt

Re rifle warfare in TW: that goes back at least as far as Shogun 2.

I mean Nappy.

I mean Empire.

I mean Shogun 1.

...rifle warfare goes back at least as far as Total War games.  :Nerd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Doesn't mean people thought done well

rss334

Quote from: Geezer on May 18, 2024, 01:17:06 AMI would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.

haha I would buy Star Wars in heartbeat, 40k not so much ......