Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper


Gusington

45.00 feels steep - I would need impressions from you guys first despite being a Game Labs strumpet. If it does have tons of that historical 'flava' then I won't be able to resist...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Yeah...I'm waiting for a key too. We're supposed to receive one by email. Nothing yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 06, 2024, 09:14:55 AMYeah...I'm waiting for a key too. We're supposed to receive one by email. Nothing yet.

Yep..glad they decided to do that

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2024, 08:52:41 AM45.00 feels steep - I would need impressions from you guys first despite being a Game Labs strumpet. If it does have tons of that historical 'flava' then I won't be able to resist...

+1 Yes, steep for Early Access
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Although the game has really been in "early access" for quite awhile now on their other platform so certainly further down the path.  As to whether worth the cost now, yep that is up to each person to decide.  I don't expect it to get cheaper unless future sales when released.  If you like this era and RTS type games, this is a good one.  Although I will admit, it overwhelms me since I still find it difficult to control all things in games like this, but I knew that coming into it.

Gusington

I am heavily, heavily leaning towards getting it today, as my past experience with Game Labs is almost 100% positive, I love the direction they have been going with their games, and as RyanE has said for a decade or longer...I want to support a favorite developer of mine :tophat:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Received may Steam key plus as they indicated, received a free upgrade to the Premium edition.  Worked out nicely!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#265
My first impressions are that it has some rough edges as all early access games do. But my gosh is this an awesome game. Really enjoying it.

Smaller Fort


Fort Ticonderoga - siege warfare is very basic. Forts are basically assailable by walking over the walls.




Great sailing component. I just captured myself a frigate actually.


Battles have a pre-amble that allows you to get troops within boxes to take part before committing. I really like it.
This is what total war needed. Some pre-battle manoevre.




Not a fan of the optional overhead mode. Very disorienting. Have not figured out how to zoom out further in this mode.


Having trouble getting troops to move on road.




Towns can be built up and all the other strategic map stuff you would expect in a total war game is present. Characters, research, region slots, town slots etc



Battles are short and sweet as in total war. I love selecting multiple units and drawing where I want them deployed.


Supply lines are important and are how units and ammo, food etc are replenished.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

It certainly looks Loin-Moistening alright.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

I've dabbled and enjoyed what I've seen for the most part, but I'm waiting until the British campaign gets released to really dig in.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I'm very much looking forward to the British campaign.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2024, 12:00:47 PMI'm very much looking forward to the British campaign.

I always suspected yourself and Jarhead secretly yearn to be ruled again by out Monarchy. The above statements confirm my suspicions. :laugh:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games