Steam Summer Sale 2024: June 27 - July 11

Started by ArizonaTank, June 26, 2024, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

Quote from: Destraex on June 28, 2024, 07:38:18 PMI keep getting told I do not have permission to look at my own wishlist. ...

I had the same problem.  Then I figured out my wife had hacked my wishlist   :grin:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Destraex

Quote from: Tripoli on June 29, 2024, 11:27:53 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 28, 2024, 07:38:18 PMI keep getting told I do not have permission to look at my own wishlist. ...

I had the same problem.  Then I figured out my wife had hacked my wishlist   :grin:

A wise lady then. :P
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

BG3 kicked my ass first playthrough but I will definitely be going back to it...eventually.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

#63
Caved and got a couple of games I have wanted for a while. One not really on sale.

Ultimate General: American Revolution - This is a game I had held of getting in early access because I think their is a chance it will not get released. It's a risk but I wanted to support the developers who are making such an innovative game. That and I love the other titles in the series more than recent total war titles.



Children of a Dead Earth - This is a game about simulating realistically space combat. It involved plotting orbits to catch enemy ships and designing your own warships. It describes itself as the "The most scientifically accurate space warfare simulator ever made."






"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on June 29, 2024, 10:38:40 PMChildren of a Dead Earth - This is a game about simulating realistically space combat. It involved plotting orbits to catch enemy ships and designing your own warships. It describes itself as the "The most scientifically accurate space warfare simulator ever made."








https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17887.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Destraex

Quote from: solops on June 29, 2024, 10:36:47 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 28, 2024, 07:38:18 PMI keep getting told I do not have permission to look at my own wishlist. Then it works later. Then stops again. lol

What a GREAT money saving feature! How do I sign up for it?
Unfortunately this feature is no longer available.  I believe it can be had for free by disconnecting your internet momentarily as you click wishlist however.  :twirl:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^Why do you believe there is a chance that American Revolution will not get released?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Senex

"Rise of the White Sun" is available for 50% off, if you like leading a coalition of opium-addict warlords leading untrained and unpaid armies in 1920s China who may flip to the other side without notice.

devoncop

This sale is getting expensive (though I am consoling myself by saying that contrary to what my bank account is trying to convince me the big discounts means I am actually hugely better off :uglystupid2: )

Today.....Caves of Qud, Skald Against the Black Priory and Cyber Knights are added to the rollcall of shame.....

I naturally hold Jarhead personally responsible for my Cyberknights purchase.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

Quote from: devoncop on June 30, 2024, 03:07:56 PMI naturally hold Jarhead personally responsible for my Cyberknights purchase.


Try it and tell me if it's worth getting... You can then return the favor, because I'm sure I won't be able to resist.  :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

#70
Quote from: Gusington on June 30, 2024, 12:28:57 PM^Why do you believe there is a chance that American Revolution will not get released?

Agreed, no idea why someone believes it will not be released, just got into early access and think popular topic enough where highly unlikely it would never come out of first access.  Don't recall reading anything in the forums or discord by the developers giving any indication of this.  Would love a link to where this possibility was raised.

Gusington

^Building on that - American Revolution has potential to be Game Labs' most successful release so far.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop


[/quote]

Try it and tell me if it's worth getting... You can then return the favor, because I'm sure I won't be able to resist.  :uglystupid2:
[/quote]


Will do Sir

Though it will be a first impressions hour or two as I am deeply into Baldurs Gate 3 at the moment so that is eating up most of my time.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

#73
Quote from: Gusington on June 30, 2024, 12:28:57 PM^Why do you believe there is a chance that American Revolution will not get released?
I don't "believe" it will fail per sae. I just just holding off until now because I thought their was a small "chance" it would not be finished.

Why did I think their was a small chance of it not being finished?

- I think at least some of the team must be Ukrainian? Which unfortunately means the war could still get in the way.
- Early on at least we got a website out of the blue and no further info. No announcement trailer or fanfare. No forum until much later.
- We recently got videos from the discord that were on an unofficial youtube account. To me this was just strange.
- GamesLabs got taken over and a lot of games slowed development or there was no news on. Recently we got some info on Games labs new single player sailing game which is good and UG:AR finally got a steam page and early access which was also good.
- Recently Nebulous Fleet Command failed to deliver it's strategic campaign. Strategic campaigns are hard to pull off and even at the late stage Nebulous's campaign seemed to be at they canned it. UG games have always been tactical rather than strategic, so even though I was excited about a total war style real time campaing map, I still had a niggling at the back of my mind that without enough resources and time things may be stagnant or worse fail in the long term. Who knows.

- The Roadmap for UG:AR seemed to be a quick text list without any definition of what was short and what was long term. After all this time I would have thought this would have been more solid. But each dev team does things differently. I am just used to a bit more presentation and organisation.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1901910/Ultimate_General_American_Revolution/
Sat, June 8
"Roadmap
Short term and Long Term Plans

We are excited to share our plans for Ultimate General: American Revolution! Here's a glimpse of what's coming in the short term and long term:

- Improvements in the report system. We have constant reports about crashes but the existing report system does not have enough info on why it happens. The system will be improved to help us to collect more information about a potential source of the crashes. Also, we order hardware from your reports to reproduce your issues.
- Fixing frequent crashes for some video cards
- Strategic mode in tactical battles.
- Improvements in the behavior of the general on the global map.
- In-game tutorial system to help gamers learn the game's basis.
- British campaign.
- Naval part. This part was frozen, but we will find time to review and improve things there.
- Sounds. They are not final, but we need to find time to improve them when other more critical things are finished.
- Localization. It is a huge task and we will start it as soon as possible.
- AI improvements in tactical battles and global map
- Many other things from your feedback and our discussions. For example..more generals slots.

We want to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who has supported and purchased Ultimate General: American Revolution. Your enthusiasm and feedback are invaluable to us as we continue to develop and improve the game."

- There were a few other small things like early access games burning me recently. Star Citizen mentality I guess. I love star citizen but am burnt out on early access as I have seen a few failures from ones I have invested in the past. Also there have been a lot of demos and pages for games on steam that will never exist or be taken further, the demos are actually really good. So you never know these days.

Ultimate General is an established franchise and I own all of their games and have enjoyed them. They have a reputable brand and that will likely continue. 

I am loving the game since I decided to cave and grab it to support them. Glad I did as it does seem to be revolutionary. Pardon the pun. It seems like exactly what I was after in a total war game!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Okay Jarhead....

Re Cyber Knights

Played for 90 mins this morning and have refunded.

I don't usually buy Early Access games so I don't want to be unfair but it had more than a little "railroaded puzzle solver" about it for my liking.

Nothing like the freedom you get in Star Traders Frontiers and much more like XCOM ground missions.

Lots of others like it though so don't let me put you off.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games