Steam Summer Sale 2024: June 27 - July 11

Started by ArizonaTank, June 26, 2024, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KyzBP

Quote from: Father Ted on June 28, 2024, 12:51:02 PMI picked up Workers and Resources, and am considering Infection Free Zone
I bought Infection Free Zone on day one and have been loving it ever since. 

As for the Steam Sale, so far I'm going with Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts and War on the Sea.  I watched a lot of YouTube videos of both games and the seem really interesting.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: devoncop on July 01, 2024, 05:04:55 AMOkay Jarhead....

Re Cyber Knights

Played for 90 mins this morning and have refunded.

I don't usually buy Early Access games so I don't want to be unfair but it had more than a little "railroaded puzzle solver" about it for my liking.

Nothing like the freedom you get in Star Traders Frontiers and much more like XCOM ground missions.

Lots of others like it though so don't let me put you off.



Awesome. Thanks for taking one for the team. I hate puzzle elements in my strategy games! Definitely much easier to hold off for now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 01, 2024, 07:10:28 AM
Quote from: devoncop on July 01, 2024, 05:04:55 AMI don't usually buy Early Access games so I don't want to be unfair but it had more than a little "railroaded puzzle solver" about it for my liking.


Awesome. Thanks for taking one for the team. I hate puzzle elements in my strategy games! Definitely much easier to hold off for now.

The more recent "tactical turn-based" games I've played seem to fall into this category. Canned missions pretty much require the player to move the chess pieces in the right order, and use the right special powers at the right time. The player can then unlock the puzzle and advance to the next round.

Canned missions are not bad, and can be fun, but replay value is very limited. I much more prefer a dynamic campaign running in the background. 

 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2024, 12:41:51 PMI have ~110.00 worth in my cart right now. I need help.

I bought me some Taipings

devoncop



I bought me some Taipings
[/quote]

You may (or may not) be aware that SGS Taiping ....assuming that is the game you are talking about) is getting a full loyalty mechanic added this summer as already implemented in "We the People" .

I read the developer post from Phillipe today so I am going to pick up "We the People"as that mechanic was what I was waiting for, and for both the American War of Independence and the Taiping title it is crucial I would say.

Great discounts on both at 50% as well :ThumbsUp:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

rss334

Anyone play railgrade?  Is it a good game and it is challenging?   

FarAway Sooner

I can't answer that, RSS, but I did pick up Hex of Steel for 50% off.  I'm hoping to get some good co-op multiplayer in with a buddy at some point.  At the least, we can invade Sicily as the US and the British and see who gets there first!

bobarossa

I've put Humankind and its Together We Rule expansion pack in my cart.  Totals $12 which is under the $15 limit I put on steam games.  Now to search for Grogheads comments on the game.  I see it has a pretty low rating on Steam (65% positive).

ArizonaTank

Steam managed to hit my wallet hard this time. But the prices were pretty good.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DesertFox

Man it's been a bloodbath for me.  Went into it saying I'm just going to dive into Baldur's Gate 3 and sit this sale out.  I lasted 24 hours...  And the worst part is a lot of the stuff I bought wasn't even that heavily discounted.

Liberation DLC for Call to Arms
Grounded
Gloomhaven (not even sure what the hell this game is but I had it wishlisted so I wanted it at some point!)
Headquarters WW2
The Troop
Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg
Jupiter Hell



"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

Tripoli

I took the DCS plunge.  The hell of it is that I will never likely be able to buy the various cockpit switches to build a set up needed to give this a real go: I'll have to rely on my current Logitech G940 gear, as there is no way I can sneak something more sophisticated past my wife.   :laugh:   But still, the ability of flying the F-4 is too big of a draw.  But to properly fly the F-4, you need some terrain (in my case, the Sinai and Syria packs, as well as Nevada) and to get good, I need the Nevada range and a couple of campaigns to teach me how to fly and fight in DCS.  And because I have no willpower, I'm sure that my Summer sale purchases are not done.  I need help...
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I bought Imperator: Rome for the massive mod makeover and I'm just about to buy Robocop  :twirl:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

rss334

Thinking about timberborn, looks kind of silly and does not appear to have a whole lot of unique building pieces but for some reason it's got very high reviews.

Destraex

Quote from: Tripoli on July 06, 2024, 01:32:53 PMI took the DCS plunge.  The hell of it is that I will never likely be able to buy the various cockpit switches to build a set up needed to give this a real go: I'll have to rely on my current Logitech G940 gear, as there is no way I can sneak something more sophisticated past my wife.   :laugh:   But still, the ability of flying the F-4 is too big of a draw.  But to properly fly the F-4, you need some terrain (in my case, the Sinai and Syria packs, as well as Nevada) and to get good, I need the Nevada range and a couple of campaigns to teach me how to fly and fight in DCS.  And because I have no willpower, I'm sure that my Summer sale purchases are not done.  I need help...
We're not getting any younger right? The Bucket list must be emptied. :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Quote from: bobarossa on July 02, 2024, 09:18:12 AMI've put Humankind and its Together We Rule expansion pack in my cart.  Totals $12 which is under the $15 limit I put on steam games.  Now to search for Grogheads comments on the game.  I see it has a pretty low rating on Steam (65% positive).
I have been playing it recently and like it. It's different enough from Civ games and the artwork and music is great. Still playing my first game.