Renaissance Kingdom Wars

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 15, 2024, 10:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Jarhead0331

Its on my list. I think you should take this one for the team.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

^I second that emotion.

The developer has a history of good ideas that result in less-than-good delivered games.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

#3
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 15, 2024, 10:23:29 AMIts on my list. I think you should take this one for the team.

My near term time is going towards the long awaited release of ncaa 2025 football for my console which is today:) been waiting forever for that series to come back and today is the day.

Destraex

Did anybody play medieval kingdom wars?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

rss334

I've played it, find the graphics too grainy and hard to really see what is going on.   Plays like an RTS similar to to age of empires but with the campaign map.   I just can't get in to it personally

Gusington

I did not play Medieval Kingdom Wars. I do love the era very much and initial Steam reviews are positive.

I'm going in.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on July 15, 2024, 06:19:35 PMI did not play Medieval Kingdom Wars. I do love the era very much and initial Steam reviews are positive.

I'm going in.

Get it on Greenman...28% off. Comes to just over $19.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

For $19, I figured, "what the hell..."

Its pretty janky and rough around the edges, but it is early access. The RTS portion of the game is a mixed bag so far. Combat is fairly basic and it is hard to tell if terrain or LOS plays any role in battles. Firearms are able to shoot from the rear through allied units and don't seem to cause any friendly casualties. Although there appears to be a pretty diverse selection of units it is hard to tell how different they really are. There are some interesting features though...for instance support units are part of your armies and so you need to bring livestock and peasants on the campaign trail. These units not only play a role on the strategic map, but they also are important in battle. Peasants can supply combat units with food, help in healing and in a pretty cool twist, be used to loot corpses on the battlefield. For the grogs among you, the combat here will probably not be your speed, as it is very, I'll just say, "arcade-like". No hardcore rules or concepts that i've been able to perceive from a few brief battles I've played.

The strategic element seems fun though. You can capture settlements and built them up into cities and fortresses. You have relationships with your fellow lords and even the king of your realm. There are ways to interact with them through diplomacy and I gather you can build up an empire to rival that of your own king and then eventually claim the crown for yourself. I'll need to explore the strategic side of the game in more detail to see what else is on offer.

The developers seem to be really active and involved and will hopefully continue in improving the game throughout early access.  They seem pretty committed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18