Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: devoncop on July 09, 2024, 03:10:50 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2024, 12:00:47 PMI'm very much looking forward to the British campaign.

I always suspected yourself and Jarhead secretly yearn to be ruled again by out Monarchy. The above statements confirm my suspicions. :laugh:

We do not want to be "ruled" by it...we want to rule with it!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

'I got 99 problems but a monarchy ain't one.'  :tophat:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Would that mean we'd all have to put-up pictures of Charles and Camilla?  :HideEyes: And...Learn how to play Cricket?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Having to have pictures of Queen Camilla on your wall would be unlawful under your Constitution I believe...(something about "cruel and unusual punishment" I believe  :grin: )
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Just the phrase Queen Camilla makes me a proud American.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I think the Brits have the best sense of humor. Can you imagine joking with Turk or an Iranian about their leaders?  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Damn, then I'd have to learn to speak English!

Though I'd have a slight advantage, as southern accents are borrowed somewhat from 18th and 19th century British accents.  :kiss:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

I was unaware "Y'all" was used at the Hanoverian court but I will take your word for it  :grin:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

glen55

Looking forward to hearing some impressions, particularly of the strategic layer which wasn't there in the ACW version.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Destraex

Quote from: devoncop on July 09, 2024, 03:10:50 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2024, 12:00:47 PMI'm very much looking forward to the British campaign.

I always suspected yourself and Jarhead secretly yearn to be ruled again by out Monarchy. The above statements confirm my suspicions. :laugh:
Indeed I picked him as a Monarchist. I mean it was the thick handlebars that gave it away good sir! :)
The British campaign is looking amazing. I really have no clue why total war enthusiasts don't support this game. It's got so much and imho is superior to modern total war offerings.
I mean I really want pharoah total war, I just can't push the button though. Because total war has so jaded me and I am literally afraid I will not enjoy the experience. UGAR though. WOW.

I mean my gosh. I mean golly gosh old boy. It seems you must gather troops in ole English to sail for the new world. I am wondering if the US can invade England. Heck I am wondering if the English can play out the whole seven years war!!!!! Imagine if they expanded this game that far!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

#280
Quote from: glen55 on July 15, 2024, 04:07:48 PMLooking forward to hearing some impressions, particularly of the strategic layer which wasn't there in the ACW version.
Glen I can tell you that the strategic layer is as complex as Total War when last I played it. There are literally a mind boggling amount of things you can do in it. I have not so far found myself wanting for a campaign button that does something. What I have found though is that their are so many little buttons everywhere, even though the interface is well done, it's just hard to remember all the things you need to do to be efficient. Like total war or HOI it takes time to get used to the interface and all of it's many inticasies.

I mean obviously it's still alpha and I have not explored it all. But the fact that it's going to take me a fair few play throughs to really get the hang of every little nuance speaks volumes for replayablility to me.

Renamed my captured ship.. you can see both names in this shot as I have not hit apply yet.


One of the research trees. There are six or so each of which you have to choose a man to carry out. A little like science in Stellaris is done. Except it's not random. Each research tree can be hurried up by generals infuence points. There are a tonne of dials to manage. There is a toggle here somewhere to pay for forage or not when you do it. There is another +\- menu to manage the outlay on intelligence gathering. A lot of stuff like that really puts the player in control of what is going on.


I only found this menu the other day. Out pops some really juicy options. Probably because I put a little more into my intelligence research. It seems I can pay some officer to do my bidding in each region. Only problem is it cost money and I have a limited amount of officers. The second shot is what happens when I press one of the buttons to try to inspire loyalty in a region.

The third screenshot below is a close up of all the officers I have doing research and what other things they can manage. These guys are like your support staff back home. They are not in the field.

The first screenshot caught my eye simply because their are slaves in game that boost your workforce.






You have to manage the whole economy as well after a fashion. You have to build farms, recruiting halls etc.
The towns themselves have different build menus to the regions they are in. I mean damn.


New Haven the region and then the city management menus. These guys are clamouring to join the cause. I have been told to build military infrastructure and probably need more recruitment houses.


"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^Thanks for posting...it looks absolutely divine.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

That looks very intriguing.  I wasn't aware that technology was much of a thing in the Revolutionary War (although adapting and adopting different tactics certainly were), but the flavor seems excellent.

Destraex

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on August 11, 2024, 10:47:05 PMThat looks very intriguing.  I wasn't aware that technology was much of a thing in the Revolutionary War (although adapting and adopting different tactics certainly were), but the flavor seems excellent.

The tech thing has a burgeoning army creation flavour to it. You need to choose what capabilities your army staff focus on building. Even the unit types you want. Dragoons and howitzers as well as galloping arty have to be researched in order to be built. Not clear on whether capturing is a thing though as I regularly capture enemy canon during battle and use them against the enemy. But an not sure if I got to keep them.
Now considering I have definitely captured ships I would hope I can.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd