Main Menu

Superstition [FRIDAY}

Started by Tripoli, February 21, 2025, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli


Stevie Wonder, 1972 from his Talking Book album. He had 18 albums by the time he was 26 years old, three of which (Innervisions, (1973), Fulfillingness' First Finale (1974) and Songs In The Key Of Life (1976)) were Grammy award-winners for Best Album.  In contrast, the Talking Book album underperformed, taking only two lesser Grammy awards for "Best Rhythm & Blues Song" (Superstition) and "Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male" (You Are The Sunshine Of My Life). :Wow:  :Wow:

As far as gaming: BoC work.  Finishing up an article for Fight Club.  Maybe some Task Force Admiral. And do some turns in the USMC "Napoleon at War" tournament.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

#1
TW Warhammer III

Finding that it has some very broken factions...

Probably going over to Shadow Empire soon.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Redwolf

Still Combat Mission.

I might buy Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 this weekend.

Jarhead0331

Definitely more Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 and possible flying over the new Eastern Afghanistan map in DCS.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sir Slash

Thanks for that video Trip, I never knew that about Stevie. There's a new demo out for Solasta 2, so that's where I'll be. Have a great weekend Grogs.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wolfe1759

With the recent release of Civ VII I've decided to start a new game of Civ V may also have a go at Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes and to prove I've not taken a Tardis back a decade or so just purchased Rogue State Revolution so I'll give that a go as well.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Pete Dero

Headquarters W W 2.

I have Kingdom Come Deliverance 1 and didn't play it enough to get v2 (unless someone over here tells me it is different enough to break my resolve  :grin: )

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 21, 2025, 01:41:08 PMHeadquarters W W 2.

I have Kingdom Come Deliverance 1 and didn't play it enough to get v2 (unless someone over here tells me it is different enough to break my resolve  :grin: )

All I can say is that KCD1 never grabbed me. I gave up after 15 hours. To the contrary, KCD2 grabbed me straight out of the gate and I now have over 50 hours in it and still going strong.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Playing Chain of Comnand on Saturday morning.  Building and painting some Burma theatre terrain and Imperial Japanese Army units for Chain of Command:  Far East and Bolt Action.

Man, trying to figure out which paints to use for uniforms is proving even more difficult than it was when I painted my Canadians.  At least there are paints from Vallejo and AK that are specifically called IJA uniform but everybody agrees they're too yellow and dint look quite right.




Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Too lazy to upload them to Flickr and then  link.

al_infierno

I'm also digging Kingdom Come Deliverance 2. It's janky as hell and occasionally frustrating, but a unique experience. Very immersive and realistic, especially playing as a criminal since the witness and wanted system feels super authentic.  If you steal a key off someone, they'll notice and replace their locks within a few days, and if you're lurking around their property and grab a valuable when they're not looking, they might put two and two together and realize it was you.

When someone witnesses you committing a crime, that character will remember you and run to the guards even if you return to town weeks later. It's also one of the few singleplayer open-world "crime and punishment" games where you can actually get executed if you screw up badly enough. It's really pretty impressive compared to the relatively static punishment systems in games like Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto, and Red Dead Redemption where getting caught for even a heinous crime like murder is just a slap on the wrist.

For anyone who values their free time, I highly recommend the "Unlimited Saving" mod for Kingdom Come Deliverance 2.  It basically just lets you quicksave anywhere Skyrim-style. Especially early in the game, any mistake that gets you killed can easily erase hours of progress.  It's less of an issue later on since you can brew the save items, but the early game can be quite frustrating and punishing

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance2/mods/14
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2025, 03:27:23 PM^post pics of your minis!

I'm weak and easily swayed, damn it.

I've finished assembling the mdf buildings. Bloody nightmare.  Thin, weak pieces of mdf, grooves that were too tight, and my fat sausage fingers lead to a lot of snapped bits.






Baseboated some bunkers and spider holes.  I still need to weather them and add bits of bushes, grass, and whatnot







I finished painting an M3 halftrack.  It's a US model but I kitbashed it a bit to make it for use with the Brits as a stand-in M5.








And I also finished a Japanese Kurokane Type 95 car.  I was originally going to use it as a jumping off point for the Japanese forces but I found out that you can add it in to your force pool as a recce unit.  I might have to re-do it as I didn't bother putting historical markings on it and instead put a big, red meatball on the side because I had a tonne left over from the fighters I painted several years ago.  Definitely going to redo the officer and driver.  I used the IJA uniform paint but it came out too yellow so I tried some green washes.  Doesn't look right at all.


Jarhead0331

^Dude, those are awesome! You've got skills!  :notworthy:

Post more...I'm sure we have a minis and modeling forum in here somewhere!?

Now, if only we can convince JudgeDredd to start making models again.  :kiss:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18