Main Menu

Soulful FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, April 25, 2025, 01:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli


Soulful Strut is a "one hit wonder" by the band "Young-Holt Unlimited." Drummer Isaac  Holt and bassist Eldee Young, formerly members of Ramsey Lewis' jazz trio, formed the band in 1966, and released this song in 1968.  It reached #3 on the charts. They didn't have any further hits, and the band disbanded in 1974. I've always liked this song-it reminds me of the 60's, which in many ways were a good time to be a kid.

As far as wargaming-I'll be doing some CMO, and possibly some Baldur's gate.  Also Fight Club work. and maybe some Task Force Admiral playtesting. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Pete Dero

Soulful Strut is often sampled (this one is the most 'Soul') :



For gaming : Baldur's Gate 3

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on April 25, 2025, 01:31:28 PMShadow Empire!

What are your favorite settings/setups to play SE?

Redwolf

I'm still mulling on a possible DCS cold war map purchase.

CMBS PBEM.

Uberhaus

Shot down a Hind with a TOW from an ITV in Flashpoint Campaigns:Southern Storm against a PBEM opponent.  First time I've seen that in the game, I'd heard of it in theory and of course the real Ukrainians have managed to bring down helos with ATGMs.  It was cresting a slope in heavy rain and the ITV would have been using thermal imaging at 2-2.5 km so I wonder if that influenced the odds.

W8taminute

Fired up Battle Field V after a long time of not playing it.  The few matches I played did not seem to have horrible hackers hacking all over the place the way it was when the game first came out. 

I was rather surprised. 

Also playing Empire of the Fading Suns with the newest patch.  Great game made even better, however it is harder now.  You really have to be careful not to upset the Vau and the Trade Merchants seem to want to go to war with the galaxy much more often than I remember.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Naval Action still has 1,000 players or so every day. Been having a ball. Stressful at times for sure. But good fun.
Little bit of Strategos, which will have a public demo soon.













"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

^Beautiful screen shots Des!  I'm going to have to check this game out.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Quote from: W8taminute on April 27, 2025, 09:09:26 AM^Beautiful screen shots Des!  I'm going to have to check this game out.
If you like the age of sail and historical ships rather than the cooky pirate ships most games have, then this is my favourite.
A lot of people just love trading using trading ships and playing the economic game between ports.
Ultimate Admiral age of sail would be my other pick.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Quote from: Tanaka on April 25, 2025, 09:16:57 PM
Quote from: solops on April 25, 2025, 01:31:28 PMShadow Empire!

What are your favorite settings/setups to play SE?

Medium size planet, Survival Stress, Spaced out, 3 zones, tech level 3, slow tech, no epoch or stories, 4 councils, hard difficulty, extra AI time, regular logistics.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.