Main Menu

GoG's New Voting System

Started by Jarhead0331, July 09, 2025, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sigwolf

It's actually been around for over a decade.  For some reason they've renamed it and are trying to promote it as something new, but even the votes I put in many, many years ago still show in the "new" system. 

It's good that they are giving it more exposure, but the system has been in place for a while.

CaptainKoloth

It also never seems to have any impact as far as I can tell (anecdotally) on which games they end up bringing to the platform.

SpaceGameJunkie

From what I can tell it's just engagement farming and little more.

bobarossa

They do have to consider obtaining rights and the difficulty in updating the game to modern systems vs profit.  So voting is only one element.  I used to start at the bottom of the list (50 pages down?).  That's where you find the wargames!

Anguille

I have revoted for some games...hope dies last.