Scourge of war remastered

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 29, 2023, 08:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

OK. So the devs have improved this a little in the steam BETA build.
Here are some shots of how the game looks now that trees are less of a hard coded thing and the game allows you to draw more in.

The top shot is the steam community picture... this is what I wanted. But you only get it with a mod on a map that is out of scale and has problems iirc, but comes pre-installed as a choice from the mod menu and is not usable in the default scenarios but rather only as a sandbox.


This is what I got and I am settled with for now. Happy enough. These shots are from the current BETA build.
The difference is that I can now see enough of the trees and terrain that I can orient myself with the battlefield. Before terrain was so sparse I had a hard time orienting things, terrain looked like a moonscape with a few shrubs. The terrain would change and draw in all over the place like a chamelion every time you moved the camera a small distance.











"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Looks like a major update that includes a tonne of performance and graphical updates is coming on october 1st.
I will definitely be having a look.

Post processing and bump mapping for terrain as well as multi core tree rendering that took things from 10 to 60fps on the worst performing tree tests sounds great.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"