Main Menu

Can't You FRIDAY?

Started by Tripoli, November 07, 2025, 09:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

With Veteran's Day around the corner, I thought a little Marshall Tucker Band would be appropriate. This is their classic "Can't you See" from 1973.


The Marshall Tucker Band had four ex-military members in it at the time this song was released: Army/Vietnam  vet Doug Gray (vocals/percussion), USMC/Vietnam vet/Purple Heart recipient Toy Caldwell (lead guitar, vocals), USMC veteran Paul Riddle (drums) and USN veteran George McCorkle (rythm guitar).

As far as gaming: BoC work.  Fight Club Work.  Working on a AAR of CMO "Blue Dawn" scenario.  Managed to put off painting the bathroom for a week, but not sure how much longer my luck is going to hold out....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

al_infierno

Bouncing between Europa Universalis V, a recent Baldur's Gate 3 playthrough where I made my character Ser Barristan Selmy from ASOIAF, and working on my own writing projects. Hard to stay productive with all these games soaking up my time!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Destraex

Age of Empires IV - new variant civs are out
Company of Heroes 3 - new battlegroups announced.
Maybe some Master of Command - But will probably save that for during the week. I think the spanish are being given at some point as a new faction. Lots to like about this game. Incidentally Total War will be announcing two new games soon, one fantasy and one historical. I have very little faith in the total war devs to actually produce any battlefield improvements which would actually interest me though.

Thinking of some sins2 or star citizen as well. Was also thinking about Naval Action again.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Quote from: Destraex on November 07, 2025, 06:41:54 PMAge of Empires IV - new variant civs are out
Company of Heroes 3 - new battlegroups announced.
Maybe some Master of Command - But will probably save that for during the week. I think the spanish are being given at some point as a new faction. Lots to like about this game. Incidentally Total War will be announcing two new games soon, one fantasy and one historical. I have very little faith in the total war devs to actually produce any battlefield improvements which would actually interest me though.

Thinking of some sins2 or star citizen as well. Was also thinking about Naval Action again.

Still on my Act 2 Hanover run in Master of Command...they are good to play... incidently the Dev has confirmed the roadmap for the next three months and the free faction in a couple of months is the HRE coalition army so presumably the smaller German states like Saxony and Bavaria but maybe Spain will be paid dlc later ?

Still dithering on EU5.

Too many great games for now so may hold off until some dlc arrives and I can pick up a bundle on sale.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

Quote from: devoncop on November 08, 2025, 02:28:50 AM
Quote from: Destraex on November 07, 2025, 06:41:54 PMAge of Empires IV - new variant civs are out
Company of Heroes 3 - new battlegroups announced.
Maybe some Master of Command - But will probably save that for during the week. I think the spanish are being given at some point as a new faction. Lots to like about this game. Incidentally Total War will be announcing two new games soon, one fantasy and one historical. I have very little faith in the total war devs to actually produce any battlefield improvements which would actually interest me though.

Thinking of some sins2 or star citizen as well. Was also thinking about Naval Action again.

Still on my Act 2 Hanover run in Master of Command...they are good to play... incidently the Dev has confirmed the roadmap for the next three months and the free faction in a couple of months is the HRE coalition army so presumably the smaller German states like Saxony and Bavaria but maybe Spain will be paid dlc later ?

Still dithering on EU5.

Too many great games for now so may hold off until some dlc arrives and I can pick up a bundle on sale.
You are probably right about Spain not being free. I was going off of old information I thought I had read.
One of the best things about this period is what I "don't" know about it from the continental european war standpoint.
For example, I had no idea the HRE had an army in this period. I thought the German states were mostly split between larger powers. I am sure Hannover and Saxony from early on were. I guess the rest made an army?
I have a book on this but need to get myself some higher powered reading glasses as the print is very small.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Just some relaxing flying around in Elite Dangerous.


devoncop

[
You are probably right about Spain not being free. I was going off of old information I thought I had read.
One of the best things about this period is what I "don't" know about it from the continental european war standpoint.
For example, I had no idea the HRE had an army in this period. I thought the German states were mostly split between larger powers. I am sure Hannover and Saxony from early on were. I guess the rest made an army?
I have a book on this but need to get myself some higher powered reading glasses as the print is very small.

[/quote]

The HRE Army apparently was commanded by Austrian officers but certainly the quality of the Bavarian troops was very poor ....Saxons were much better. Interesting to see what type of troops and with what bonuses the HRE army has.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games