Napoleonic Battles Thread

Started by rahamy, April 26, 2024, 07:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Llaird

The French Revolution did more than put larger armies into the field. It transformed the relationship between soldier, state, and nation.
From the volunteers who fought at Jemappes to the levée en masse, the Jourdan Law, and the army that fought at Marengo, military service became both a civic obligation and an instrument of an increasingly powerful state.
Our latest article, "From Subjects to Citizens," follows this transformation from the early Revolutionary armies of Republican Bayonets on the Rhine to the battlefields of Campaign Marengo, exploring how France created the citizen-soldier.

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/from-subjects-to-citizens
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Llaird

The latest round of Napoleonic Battles updates continues today, with seven titles moving to the newest version of the game engine.
Alongside the usual fixes, documentation work, and adjustments based on reports since the previous update, this release introduces several changes that should make themselves felt on the battlefield.
Republican Bayonets on the Rhine received the update earlier this week, and the remaining Napoleonic Battles titles are scheduled to follow next Friday..

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/napoleonic-battles-4-09-4-updates-part-i
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Llaird

WDS designer and historian Andrew Bamford takes us into the field in "On the Plains of Spain", following a British Army battlefield study across key sites of the Peninsular War.
From Barba del Puerco and Almeida to Fuentes de Oñoro, Ciudad Rodrigo, and Salamanca, battlefield photographs are paired with historical narrative and screenshots from Bonaparte's Peninsular War and Wellington's Peninsular War, exploring how terrain looks to a historian, a modern reconnaissance regiment, and a wargame designer.

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/on-the-plains-of-spain
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus