Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Keunert, March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

According to this:

"Tankers!

To go along with our Tanksgiving Special we're continuing in the spirit of sharing with a special bonus code.  The code will grant you one free day of Premium Account time.  A Premium Account grants you 50% more credits and experience earned in every battle, enjoy!

You can redeem the code any time between 21:00 PST on Nov. 21st (05:00 Nov. 22nd UTC) and 20:59 PST Nov. 26th (04:59 Nov. 27th UTC). Curious what time this is in your region?  Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.

Without any further ado, here is your bonus code:
TURKEYDAY

Enter the code using only CAPS. If you need more information on how to activate the promo code, please read these instructions.

Thank you for all of your support, and we hope you have a pleasant holiday!"


Have fun!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Windigo

So WoT has gone through several upgrades in the past few months. A limited line of British tanks were introduced and just recently the U.S. got a new line of wanna be french tanks with auto loaders.

I, being a subject of the Queen, dove right into the british line, Comet, Crusader, Cromwell and (happy sigh), the Centurion. Brit medium tanks are manoueverable and quick accelerators and in the 6 and under tiers fast as a greyhound. They are somewhat bouncy and have good sight ranges. The downside is that the guns, though having decent penetration values, are not impressive damage dealers. Their inherent camo ability seems good.

With their low profile turrets, high gun postion, and good verticle gun barrel movement they are the cat's ass in any hull down position..... of course I had to get blown to hell in a handbasket many times before adopting this technique.

My other great moment came when I realized I was really close to getting an IS-7 - argueably the best heavy tank in the game.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Greybriar

I think I've had it with World of Tanks. I logged on the other day in my SU-26 to take advantage of a special offer. I killed 7 of the 15 tanks on the opposing team and my team still lost.  :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Windigo

Quote from: Greybriar on December 17, 2012, 01:58:55 PM
I think I've had it with World of Tanks. I logged on the other day in my SU-26 to take advantage of a special offer. I killed 7 of the 15 tanks on the opposing team and my team still lost.  :-\

I feel your pain.... I think you should avoid playing when the 13 yo kids are playing...  If you are in a clan that uses Team Speak you can platoon with them and reduce the likelyhood of dufus maximus
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

I play it maybe once a week for a round or three.'
Ive stuck solely to the German line and all my tanks are suffering from small nerfs and cold war allied tanks.
Im surprised I havnt run into a Cheiftan Stillbrew, MBT-70 or a T-90 Black Eagle yet.  the one tank I have that
still brings the pain is my Ferd.  I love that thing and its crew are almost done with their 3rd skill set.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 17, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
I play it maybe once a week for a round or three.'
Ive stuck solely to the German line and all my tanks are suffering from small nerfs and cold war allied tanks.
Im surprised I havnt run into a Cheiftan Stillbrew, MBT-70 or a T-90 Black Eagle yet.  the one tank I have that
still brings the pain is my Ferd.  I love that thing and its crew are almost done with their 3rd skill set.

awesome dedication GPS - you must be really good with it....  I hated my ferd with a true passion that I reserve for neocon preachers that stir up hatred and bigotry... as soon as I got the xp to unlock the JTiger I did... barracked the crew and sold that POS double quick time
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

eyebiter

Chinese tanks are now live with 8.3

Steelgrave

^Oh yeah, the vaunted Chinese Tank Armies. I don't recall them in my history books   :P

Seriously, World of Tank's love for machines that never left the drawing board (or produced only a few prototypes) is what soured the game for me.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on December 17, 2012, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 17, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
I play it maybe once a week for a round or three.'
Ive stuck solely to the German line and all my tanks are suffering from small nerfs and cold war allied tanks.
Im surprised I havnt run into a Cheiftan Stillbrew, MBT-70 or a T-90 Black Eagle yet.  the one tank I have that
still brings the pain is my Ferd.  I love that thing and its crew are almost done with their 3rd skill set.

awesome dedication GPS - you must be really good with it....  I hated my ferd with a true passion that I reserve for neocon preachers that stir up hatred and bigotry... as soon as I got the xp to unlock the JTiger I did... barracked the crew and sold that POS double quick time

the Ferd is a special beast to fight with.  there is no middle ground.  you either dish the pain or want to throw your keyboard at the wall.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Deadskin

I love my Ferdi it dishes out the pain.

FlickJax

I went the Jagpanther II route instead, sometimes i do wish i had the armor of the Ferdi thats for sure.  Two- three shots and i'm dead normally.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Deadskin on January 22, 2013, 06:10:46 AM
I love my Ferdi it dishes out the pain.

+1

Ferdi is great since it can hold its own even against tier 9 and 10 tanks but for low tier battles a properly equipped SU-76 with maxed out crew is a slaughter machine.  8)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Slick Wilhelm

I finally have a tank that seems to inspire fear into my opponents, the T-28 TD. I've got it completely upgraded, including that luscious 120mm gun. I also have a camo net, binoculars and an enhanced gun laying drive to round out the goodies.

In one battle, I actually had a Lowe and an IS-6 refuse to drive up over a rise to kill me, even though one of them would have been able to kill me. Neither of them wanted to take that first 120mm round. After two years of battling, it's nice to have a tank that gets some respect. 

Greybriar

I don't know if it inspires fear into my opponents, but I am quite happy with my SU-100. Its 122mm gun does a lot of damage for a Tier 6. Last night a T-50 came whizzing by me on its way to take out my team's arty. I got lucky and blew him away with a single shot. I felt so proud!

In other news, I've unlocked several other vehicles including the Pershing and a couple of Tier VII arty but I can't afford the credits necessary to buy any of them. I even missed the chance at a World of Tanks T-shirt because of being so poor.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: FlickJax on January 22, 2013, 06:41:10 AM
I went the Jagpanther II route instead, sometimes i do wish i had the armor of the Ferdi thats for sure.  Two- three shots and i'm dead normally.

I just sold mine to re-buy the E-50.  it was a really hard choice between the E-50 (again) or getting the Jagdtiger.  I took the E-50 because Im really happy with were the Ferd is and dont want to be annoyed with the JT.  the Ferd is a great tank but it also shows how much crew skills can effect a game.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.