Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Listen I've got no problem playing but the crash bug is killing my motivation.  The Panters are great when you are controlling them.  It's when your American tanks are going plink plink plink that it get you by the short and curly ones.

GDS_Starfury

you can have the Germans.
how many crashes have you had?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bison

Every campaign has ended with the crash.  So I've started 6 operational campaigns and have gotten to 4-6 battles and then it crashes.  Steve said they are looking into the issue and will fix ASAP.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 22, 2012, 09:13:45 PM
get back to playing it Bison, Im going to need a human opponent next week and Ive selected you as
my victim opponent.

I can give you a hand with that if Bison has any scheduling conflicts.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Im getting annoyed that every time I pick some panzershreks for my group they never show up in the actual game.  >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

I just had my first two panthers killed in the same battle.
the first was, and I hate to say it, due to a pathing problem on a street.  what should have been a short, less then 15 meter, move forward ended up with the tank turning broadside to a sherman. BOOM!  dead panther.
the second was to a P-38 airstrike.  both tanks were no where near each other.  if I hadnt been so fixated on the first panthers idiocy I would have noticed the
yellow smoke and moved the 2nd panther.  that doesnt mean it would have lived, just that I was pretty pissed.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bison

I'm hoping for some pathing problems to present themselves and cause my nemisis to turn it's back to my hidden M10s.

Sigma One

If you gents are looking for an opponent, I would gladly be your punching bag. It's been years since I've done CC MP but then again I was a young'in with no facial hair.

Now I am older, wiser, and have a cop mustache.

Bismarck

I'm playing the Avrances battle.  What is an HMC?
Jim Cobb

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

bob48

Based on the M5 Stuart chassis, open-topped turret with short-barrel 75mm for close infantry support. AKA M8 Scott.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

the rash of crashes is getting annoying.
on two maps if Im about to wipe out the opfor the game crashes so Im stuck giving a truce just before the crash.
personally I think Im making the AI rage quit.
at least thats what I keep telling myself.
I really need to take a screenshot of that map though.  after 6 or 7 battles there have to be 30 to 40 wrecks on the field  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


junk2drive

Anyone ever try playing Combat Mission in real time top down to mimic CC? I did years ago with the wego games and it just didn't do anything for me since you can't get a lay of the land that you do in over the shoulder mode.

I'm tempted to get this because it is the end and it will get all the mods, but every time I try any real time game I get frustrated and give up.

GDS_Starfury

overall its not a bad game.  one or two patches to sort out some bs and it will be good to go.
the thing I think both the designers and the public forget about this game is what it was that put it into the legendary catagory for so many.
THE MULTYPLAYER!!!
CC2 and CC3 benefited from having Microsoft sell and distribute the game and their multiplayer system and lobby really helped form a strong
community that played, promoted and modded the game to hell and back.  all subsequent editions of the game have lacked this and thats
made the focus on solo play even stronger.  this however is not the game engines strength.  there is a lot of validity to the idea that the CC
series has gone as far as it can go without either a major rewrite or starting from scratch.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.