Close Combat:Panthers in the Fog is Released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison


bob48

I can't imagine any way a 37mm is going penetrate a Panther's armour at any point.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

#107
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 25, 2012, 12:57:46 PM
and just to make Bison feel worse, I had a Panther get killed by a friking Stuart with a flank shot.

What was the range to target? Under 500 yards the Stuart's 37mm gun could penetrate almost 60mm of armor if it wasn't sloped. That was with APC.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

range was under 200 yards and it was a flank shot.  a hit along the side by the engine could take it out especially if its between the road wheels and under the lip of the armor.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

and a small annoyance that is really starting to grate on my visual nerves.
the game is set in france during the late summer.  why the hell are all of the shadows going in the wrong direction?
the sun doesnt orbit the polar regions.  the shadows should fall north not south.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Longdan

In summer in Normandy the sun rises quite far in the Northeast
and sets equally far in the Northwest.  Around midday shadows
should be North facing and short.  The rest of the day they will
rotate from Southwest thru North to Southeast, being quite long
in the early morning and late evening.  The world is round.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

GDS_Starfury

the sun isnt that far north that its casting southern shadows in France.
ever.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 01:02:30 PM
the sun isnt that far north that its casting southern shadows in France.
ever.

Maybe it's a hypothetical scenario. But instead of the poles reversing...the Earth reversed while the poles stayed where they are!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

I get that shortdan is no fan of mine but one simply cant go mucking about with spatial trigonometry.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Bismarck

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 01:20:24 PM
I get that shortdan is no fan of mine but one simply cant go mucking about with spatial trigonometry.

Yeah, like I mean, spatula trig is always key in my reviews.
Jim Cobb

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 27, 2012, 01:20:24 PM
I get that shortdan is no fan of mine but one simply cant go mucking about with spatial trigonometry.

Maybe it's dimensional.

Panthers in the Space-Time Fog.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

I live at 53N or so.  I am not trying to make trouble for you Star.
It just is.  I watched the sun come up a lot in summer. Mortain is 48 1/2 N.
About the same as Fargo, ND.  Further North in midsummer the sun will actually
appear fairly far north in the middle of the night.  Yes light at night.

digni enim sunt interdicunt

Longdan

I haven't ordered the game yet so I have not seen the shadows therein.
digni enim sunt interdicunt