San Antonio TX Suggestions?

Started by Shelldrake, November 29, 2012, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Hey guys,
I am attending a conference in San Antonio next week. Other than the Alamo, what other sites should I try to visit?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

I wish I could help you, but the only time I was in San Antonio they were working on the streets and I couldn't even find my way to the Alamo.   :(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Smuckatelli


Jarhead0331

Stick the river walk.  The rest of the town blows.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


besilarius

At least the timing should be good, in regards to the mosquito population.
Spent a summer at NAS Corpus Christi, and thos flying hypodermic needles could suck you dry in minutes.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Shelldrake

Quote from: besilarius on November 29, 2012, 06:24:07 PM
At least the timing should be good, in regards to the mosquito population.
Spent a summer at NAS Corpus Christi, and thos flying hypodermic needles could suck you dry in minutes.

Sounds like CFB Shilo in the summer!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bayonetbrant

My brother lived there for several years.  Unless you can catch a sporting event (Spurs in winter, Missions in summer) he always said hit the Alamo and the Riverwalk and otherwise stay inside with the doors locked.  There's sometimes some good local music (very thriving club scene for metal bands in SA for some reason) but without a local to be a tour guide, might be best not to chance it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Shelldrake

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 29, 2012, 06:56:55 PM
My brother lived there for several years.  Unless you can catch a sporting event (Spurs in winter, Missions in summer) he always said hit the Alamo and the Riverwalk and otherwise stay inside with the doors locked.  There's sometimes some good local music (very thriving club scene for metal bands in SA for some reason) but without a local to be a tour guide, might be best not to chance it.

Since metal has never been a fav of mine it sounds like I will have lots of time in the evenings to catch up on my reading!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Longdan

Nothing is like Shilo in the summer.   I remember it as resembling Hell except not as cultured.
But the mosquitoes there are midgets compared to the Yukon.
JH may not like San Antonio but it is nicer than Shilo.  And has more girls that ain't whores.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

eyebiter

Tower of the Americas for the view, Texas Air museum Fw190

GDS_Starfury

Riverwalk is great.
other then that drive north to Austin.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


besilarius

If you're driving, go visit the USS Texas.
Last surviving dreadnaught, and helped break up a number of attacks by the SS Panzer Corps outside of Caen in Normandy.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Shelldrake

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Finally made it to SA after a long day of air travel...getting to most places from Halifax is never easy!  :(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Longdan

You got out of Shilo.  Thats what counts.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Shelldrake

Quote from: Longdan on December 03, 2012, 12:13:43 PM
You got out of Shilo.  Thats what counts.

LOL True that, even though it was many years ago!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell