Main Menu

Turkey & Iraq?

Started by LongBlade, December 05, 2012, 10:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^Take the sweater off man.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on December 06, 2012, 03:58:15 PM
^Martok, you are very astute.  Just curious, what gave it away?

Your accent.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

That's pretty good, Martok.  Way to go!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 08:44:11 PM
^Take the sweater off man.

Ok, but you'll have to shave my back and deal with my unsightly pot belly.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2012, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 08:44:11 PM
^Take the sweater off man.

Ok, but you'll have to shave my back and deal with my unsightly pot belly.

It's not a pot belly.. it's reserves for the coming apocalypse!  8)

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2012, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 08:44:11 PM
^Take the sweater off man.

Ok, but you'll have to shave my back and deal with my unsightly pot belly.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Smuck-the-Pain!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Keep the sweater on man!!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

#22
Quote from: W8taminute on December 06, 2012, 03:58:15 PM
^Martok, you are very astute.  Just curious, what gave it away?
Thanks!  Although for me, at least, it honestly wasn't that hard to guess. 

My overall historical knowledge admittedly isn't very deep, but it's pretty broad, covering a good variety of regions/eras -- I'll never be a true scholar of history, but I've long been an enthusiastic amateur.  Anyway, my knowledge was sufficient to make me aware that sheer Law of Averages dictated it pretty much had to be one of those two nationalities; Armenia & Greece have been more Turkey's traditional enemies in the last century than anyone else I can think of. 

When you factor in the Armenian Genocide (and especially the feelings it would almost certainly engender among relatives/descendants of the victims & survivors), your comment about nuking Turkey made a lot more sense if you had Armenian heritage in your family.  (No doubt a good number of Greeks and Greek-descended folks have similarly strong feelings regarding Turkey, but I suspect the percentage of Armenian and Armenian-descended people who, ah, dislike that nation is far far higher...and that their emotions are of a much greater intensity.) 





Quote from: MetalDog on December 06, 2012, 10:21:26 PM
That's pretty good, Martok.  Way to go!
Takk!  Most kind.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 11:37:50 AM
Keep the sweater on man!!
I second this.  I think it would be better for all concerned! 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Thanks for explaining how you deduced my heritage.  I love your Vulcan logic, very sound!!

And yes, it would be best if I kept my sweater on. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Windigo

One of my son's aides was an Armenian. She was so sweet and perky and kind hearted .... until something was mentioned about Turkey .... well then
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

I have met one Armenian in my life, a very talented artist. He was a small guy, a few inches shorter than me, but really cut. Chicks loved him.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Longdan

At least he wasn't a Turd.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

W8taminute

Quote from: Windigo on December 07, 2012, 05:27:28 PM
.... until something was mentioned about Turkey .... well then

Yeah, I can relate.   ;)


Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 06:01:31 PM
I have met one Armenian in my life...

Now you can say you've met two.  Well online anyway.  I'm surprised you haven't run into anymore.  There are quite a few in the NY/NJ area. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

besilarius

Through a nascent girlefriend,  (Her family decided that being Irish was just too Odar.) met a number of Armenian families.
The girls all looked like Cher.  Couldn't quite figure out who the boys reminded me of, maybe Victor Mature.  They all acted like him.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.