Main Menu

Morsi Flees Palace

Started by LongBlade, December 04, 2012, 03:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

son_of_montfort

And here I thought that Morsi was "The son and the heir..." but it turns out that he is just human and he needs to be loved after all.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Staggerwing

Quote from: son_of_montfort on December 08, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
And here I thought that Morsi was "The son and the heir..." but it turns out that he is just human and he needs to be loved after all.

Well, he's not shy but what he's doing is thought by many to be criminally vulgar.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

^^^  what you did there

I saw it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I had no idea that Egypt already had a fleet of 200-plus F-16s.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

not with the IAF next door.  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

with all those M1's they have it would be interesting to see how they measure up to Merkavas.
however for that to happen the world going to have much bigger issues to deal with.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on December 10, 2012, 05:07:21 PM
In a surprise move Jones Soda has sponsored 20 more F-16s in Egypt. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/10/us-sending-20-more-f-16s-to-egypt-despite-turmoil-in-cairo/


Wait so we are just giving the planes to these wack jobs and writing it off as foreign aid? :o   What moron is approving this kind of stuff, oh wait those idiots we keep electing are.......  >:(
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on December 11, 2012, 08:26:11 AM
Wait so we are just giving the planes to these wack jobs and writing it off as foreign aid? :o   What moron is approving this kind of stuff, oh wait those idiots we keep electing are.......  >:(

There is probably a method to this madness.

The Egyptian military has been the beneficiary of US aid for about three decades. We've trained it extensively.

They hold the reins of power and they are the source of what stability there is in the country. Giving them 20 new planes to ensure that there is a defacto reasonably US and Israel friendly military stance is a cheap price.

I thought I read somewhere that Morsi did some house cleaning in the military, but I don't know how extensive it was. Chances are that institution as a whole is top to bottom US-influenced. Hopefully those lessons have stamina.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Quote from: LongBlade on December 11, 2012, 07:35:53 AM
Quote from: Martok on December 11, 2012, 05:23:53 AM
...The hell?!  :o 

Heh.

Comes from this post and the one immediately following: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3858.msg87630#msg87630 ;)
Actually, I understood the "Jones Soda" reference right away (vis-a-vis Starfury's comment in that earlier post).  It was the story itself that had me agog. 




Quote from: LongBlade on December 11, 2012, 08:49:00 AM
There is probably a method to this madness.

The Egyptian military has been the beneficiary of US aid for about three decades. We've trained it extensively.

They hold the reins of power and they are the source of what stability there is in the country. Giving them 20 new planes to ensure that there is a defacto reasonably US and Israel friendly military stance is a cheap price.

I thought I read somewhere that Morsi did some house cleaning in the military, but I don't know how extensive it was. Chances are that institution as a whole is top to bottom US-influenced. Hopefully those lessons have stamina.
That's the only thing I could think of either.  I sure hope it pans out for us. 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Boggit

Quote from: Martok on December 11, 2012, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 11, 2012, 07:35:53 AM
Quote from: Martok on December 11, 2012, 05:23:53 AM
...The hell?!  :o 

Heh.

Comes from this post and the one immediately following: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3858.msg87630#msg87630 ;)
Actually, I understood the "Jones Soda" reference right away (vis-a-vis Starfury's comment in that earlier post).  It was the story itself that had me agog. 




Quote from: LongBlade on December 11, 2012, 08:49:00 AM
There is probably a method to this madness.

The Egyptian military has been the beneficiary of US aid for about three decades. We've trained it extensively.

They hold the reins of power and they are the source of what stability there is in the country. Giving them 20 new planes to ensure that there is a defacto reasonably US and Israel friendly military stance is a cheap price.

I thought I read somewhere that Morsi did some house cleaning in the military, but I don't know how extensive it was. Chances are that institution as a whole is top to bottom US-influenced. Hopefully those lessons have stamina.
That's the only thing I could think of either.  I sure hope it pans out for us.
I wonder what the situation is on spares? IIRC Iran during the Iran-Iraq war had a lot of US and UK kit but lack of spares meant that a lot of kit was either not operational or ended up cannibalised to make spares. Bottonline, is that without spares the hardware numbers don't mean so much over time.

Now you'll tell me that the Egyptian Army warehouses are brimming...... :o
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

I dont know about brimming but theyre certainly not empty.
weve been running Bright Star for 2 decades and since we use the same kit it makes sense they have it in stock.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.