Images from the Battle of the Bulge

Started by LongBlade, December 16, 2012, 01:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Interesting images from the Bulge.

Unfortunately there isn't much explanation, but I did spy a Panzer painted to look like a US vehicle.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/2012/12/16/battle-bulge-look-back-at-hitler-last-stand/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

If you're referring to this one:



That is probably an M-36 TD. The mantlet is very similar to a Panther but the glacis area is different and you can just make out the VVSS suspension elements behind the front drive sprockets.



Thanks for posting the link though.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

You might be interested in this though:

Ersatz Panther (GE069)



http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3414

It's meant to mimic the M-10 though. Hence the wedge shaped mantlet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Thanks, Stagger - I saw the sloped flanks and paused to reconsider. But figured if I were wrong some of you guys would be swift in helping correct me. Thanks. I should do more 1:48 modeling of armored vehicles. I'd probably be better at this stuff. :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jack Nastyface

Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.