Main Menu

ARMA 3 Players

Started by PanzersEast, August 29, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I've not picked up ARMAIII yet.  Still haven't even messed with the ARMAII Collection much. 

However, I plan on getting it eventually.  Just haven't felt the need to pick it up anytime soon.

Silent Disapproval Robot

If any of you want to try out some co-op, the guys at SimHQ will be playing "Military Mondays" today.  Missions start at 5pm PST and run for 2-3 hours.  Warm-up session starts at 4pm where you can get a feel for the communications systems in use, get to know the other players, and ask questions.

You need to register at SimHQ and download and install a couple of mod packs that they use as well as the CBA pack.

They're a good bunch of guys and can be a lot of fun (as long as you aren't the poor bastard who happens to catch a round in the cranium in the first couple minutes of a mission.  I manage to do that quite well.)


Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
If any of you want to try out some co-op, the guys at SimHQ will be playing "Military Mondays" today.  Missions start at 5pm PST and run for 2-3 hours.  Warm-up session starts at 4pm where you can get a feel for the communications systems in use, get to know the other players, and ask questions.

You need to register at SimHQ and download and install a couple of mod packs that they use as well as the CBA pack.

They're a good bunch of guys and can be a lot of fun (as long as you aren't the poor bastard who happens to catch a round in the cranium in the first couple minutes of a mission.  I manage to do that quite well.)

I agree. .the simHQ guys are fun to play with... good people!

PanzersEast

I've played over at SimHq... good group!  If there is enough interest in the group here we could set a night to play and if there are others who want to help in the missions or using the MCC mod to generate dynamic mission as well.


PE

Great Ajax

I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey

PanzersEast

Quote from: Great Ajax on September 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey

The MCC mod is also great for setting up quick dynamic missions.


PE

Swatter

I have created a couple of sandbox maps that should scale to well to different sized groups. On those maps I have a base of operations set up where you can equip and re-spawn. I also have experience with the MCC mod where I can generate missions on the fly. I also have used Zeus, but I think it works best in cooperation with MCC.

I think coop insurgent hunting missions are probably the most fun I have had with ArmA 2 and 3, so I would be up to hosting some missions and handling the action on the fly.

JudgeDredd

I'd be in for Co-Op - time and time zone (GMT) permitting
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Great Ajax

Been checking out the tutorials on MCC and wow.  This looks like an absolute blast.

Trey


Quote from: PanzersEast on September 03, 2014, 04:35:51 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on September 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey

The MCC mod is also great for setting up quick dynamic missions.


PE