Ubisoft Star Wars outlaws

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 11, 2023, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I had no issue with lack of customization on Survivor.  It was a story driven "interactive" movie type of game less than an RPG or Sandbox and I felt the focus on the character worked for what it was. 

If Outlaws is a true open world experience I'd much prefer to have very extensive customization since this plays more into the RPG and living out the fantasy elements approach.  If you're stuck with one canned protagonist in those types of games there's the danger of not liking/identifying with the protagonist and that's a much bigger dissonance.

I think Rockstar did it best in GTA 5 where it offered three fully fleshed out and different characters in the single player mode.  Even though you couldn't customize any of them beyond their look, it added significant flavor and kept me engaged. 

Of course the ideal is something like Cyberpunk 2077 that has extensive character customization in not only look and gender but also personality. 

If it's going the route of Ubisoft's prior entries they'll probably make you stick to one character.   Ubisoft only reluctantly made Alexios and Male Eivor playable in the last two Assassins' Creed games, and in both cases it was really clear that you were intended to play Kassandra/female Eivor.

I remember the devs were pretty reluctant to implement the level of customization they ended up putting in, as it required extensive development time, voice work and motion capture.

I would imagine given what Ubisoft said internally in the past about their desire to keep the story focused on a single character and make that very fleshed out, that we won't be getting much choice here. 

I mean, lets be real, what we really want is KOTOR level of customization where you can play the game 4-5 times and have 4-5 entirely different experiences with wildly different characters. 

They don't make em like that anymore.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

acctingman

This makes me think there will not be much if any character customization. Sale purchase for me!