Death Star Petition Success

Started by Bison, December 17, 2012, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Folks in the White House have finally figured out that the petition idea might not have been too bright.

Quote"If you had told me a year and a half ago that the White House would be devoting time writing [an official statement] on how Lord Vader could fix our economic woes, I would have just laughed loudly at you," one White House staffer, who had worked on the WTP program, told Mother Jones....

"Sometimes, I find myself thinking, 'My God, what have we done?'" said another.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/white-house-staff-our-petition-website-sure-is-dumb-huh/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on January 18, 2013, 03:22:23 PM
Folks in the White House have finally figured out that the petition idea might not have been too bright.

Quote"If you had told me a year and a half ago that the White House would be devoting time writing [an official statement] on how Lord Vader could fix our economic woes, I would have just laughed loudly at you," one White House staffer, who had worked on the WTP program, told Mother Jones....

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/white-house-staff-our-petition-website-sure-is-dumb-huh/

I'd rather have them writing responses to Death Star petitions than anything else they might be doing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on January 18, 2013, 03:30:23 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 18, 2013, 03:22:23 PM

I'd rather have them writing responses to Death Star petitions than anything else they might be doing.

Indeed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 18, 2013, 02:36:12 PM
Quoteon behalf of the nation-state leader from the unimaginatively named planet

this is a problem that should be fixed.  earth/terra are boring names.  lets start a petition to rename it.
any ideas?
Risa

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces