Death Star Petition Success

Started by Bison, December 17, 2012, 07:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well it's about time.

Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/secure-resources-and-funding-and-begin-construction-death-star-2016/wlfKzFkN

29,000+ have signed and demand a Presidential review.

On a side note:  I fully expect Nancy Pelosi to recognize the Jedi religion too.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jack Nastyface

Ha-ha!  Foolish Americans!  Canada already has a fully operational Deathstar..and since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, we have chosen to test the station's destructive power on your home planet of Earth!  Soon we will be in range of your pathetic nation and then you shall see.....umm....errr....hey! Didn't ANYONE notice that they're right next to us?  C'mon people!  WTF!?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Longdan

I read an article once, I wish I could remember who it was, but a military
analyst projected using all the historical facts and figures available that
at a future point not long from now the budget of the USAF would equal
the entire GDP of USA and it would consist of one aircraft.
So I guess so.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

GDS_Starfury

somewhere theres an article where some egghead came up with a 860 quadrillion dollar price tag.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Staggerwing

I think I read that article. In the comments one guy said "Can anyone say 'Kickstarter?" and another complained that he found this part of the internet hard to masturbate to.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

I assume there is a tie fighter fleet that is part of the of the Deathstar resourcing and funding.

Staggerwing

Why not? A tie fighter would probably end up costing less than an F-35 by the time the latter is actually in service. Lets see if the Canadians are interested in chipping in...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

nope
when you see a price tag for one of our carriers thats without planes or stores.
why would a death star be different.

Martok

Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2012, 08:10:48 PM
I assume there is a tie fighter fleet that is part of the of the Deathstar resourcing and funding.
Sadly, I do think that would be extra. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 17, 2012, 08:10:48 PM

I'm more concerned about the configuration of the thermal exhaust ports. Maybe not making them a straight shot to the reactor core would be nice.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on December 18, 2012, 12:17:28 PM
I'm more concerned about the configuration of the thermal exhaust ports. Maybe not making them a straight shot to the reactor core would be nice.

No way I'm paying for that. Do you know how much more labor that would cost? Nothing would be able to get through our shields anyway.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on December 18, 2012, 12:20:07 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 18, 2012, 12:17:28 PM

No way I'm paying for that. Do you know how much more labor that would cost? Nothing would be able to get through our shields anyway.

I've already complained to my senator. She's from Alderaan and has lots of pull in the Senate. She does lots of mercy missions and such.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Smuckatelli

Stop this funding fest right now!

We need to first work on the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development Syste (JCIDS) BEFORE we start talking about building it.

LongBlade

Quote from: Smuckatelli on December 18, 2012, 01:32:56 PM
Stop this funding fest right now!

We need to first work on the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development Syste (JCIDS) BEFORE we start talking about building it.

Spoken like a true bureaucrat.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.