Xenonauts Update (XCom Remake)

Started by airboy, September 04, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pinetree

I'd just rebuilt my European team, all of them X-0 rookies except one X-0 who had a gong for being wounded in her last and only mission  (My ranking system is X-0 to X-7). I equipped a couple of guys with my only available laser rifles and sent them to a corvette crash site.

When we got there, we encountered a new alien that was lightning fast and had two big appendages that would turn it's victim into what looked like a bloated Christmas turkey on legs. Said victim would attack the nearest xenonaut in melee. If you shot the victim, another alien would explode out of the body. These must be the Xenonaut's version of the chrysalids. Gave me the creeps. ;D.

Anyway, that bastards wiped me out, I lost my new weapons and I need another team again...
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Nefaro


Kushan

Started a new game yesterday. My other game came to an abrupt end. I was successful in defending my primary base with only two loses. The next deployment was a terror site, and on the way my only dropship with my main team got shot down. Since I had neglected on alternating newbies in, that was pretty much the end that far into a game. Not making the same mistake this time. I've been running two team since I could manage it, but its delayed getting my second base in Central America up and running.

Anyone have any advice on secondary bases? Do you make them a full bases with research and manufacturing or simply some radars, hangers, and living quarters to launch strikes from?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

KyzBP

Quote from: Kushan on July 06, 2014, 07:48:19 PM
Started a new game yesterday. My other game came to an abrupt end. I was successful in defending my primary base with only two loses. The next deployment was a terror site, and on the way my only dropship with my main team got shot down. Since I had neglected on alternating newbies in, that was pretty much the end that far into a game. Not making the same mistake this time. I've been running two team since I could manage it, but its delayed getting my second base in Central America up and running.

Anyone have any advice on secondary bases? Do you make them a full bases with research and manufacturing or simply some radars, hangers, and living quarters to launch strikes from?

I usually have just one full base and a 2 to 3 secondary bases with just hangers, troop quarters, hospital, alien containment, and storage.

My best game, before the full release, I had No primary base, 3 small bases, an interceptor only base, and an R&D/Manufacturing/Special Forces(RDMS) base.  I would just ship anything the small bases needed from the RDMS base.  All aliens and alien tech were transferred to the RDMS base for study.  The Best of the Best were housed at this base.  They received all the latest equipment first but were always sent on the toughest missions (terror sites, new alien ships, alien bases, etc...).  The RDMS base wasn't built until about 9 months in if I remember right.  It took that long before I had troops that could consistently survive contact.