Happy Easter Game Sales!

Started by Lord Zimoa, April 03, 2015, 09:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GibbyG

Got in under the deadline with BA2 - Kursk and the just released Pike and Shot expansion.  Threw in Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris for kicks

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on April 07, 2015, 02:37:42 PM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on April 07, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.

I think you made the right choice...  WitE plays flawlessly on my Surface Pro 2, and everything is easy to see.  I think TEAW would be mighty hard on the eyes, and might not perform as well.

I've tried before to run AGEODs games on my Surface, it doesn't look bad but I found that at least Rise of Prussia and WW1 Gold don't recognize input from the touch screen. I'd love to be able to play their board game feel when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv or a turn or two at lunch. One day I'll pick up TEAW and find out if its any different.


Does AJE/BOR/Hannibal run on it?  I'm guessing they don't since it uses the same engine.

I tried running WW1 Centennial edition last night, rather than my older copy of WW1 gold, and it doesn't work either. I'll try AJE/BOR tonight.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

smittyohio

Quote from: Kushan on April 08, 2015, 02:30:45 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 07, 2015, 02:37:42 PM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on April 07, 2015, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: Kushan on April 07, 2015, 08:09:12 AM
I debated between TEAW with the expansion and War in the West. Decided to go with War in the West because I think it will play better on my Surface Pro 3.

I think you made the right choice...  WitE plays flawlessly on my Surface Pro 2, and everything is easy to see.  I think TEAW would be mighty hard on the eyes, and might not perform as well.

I've tried before to run AGEODs games on my Surface, it doesn't look bad but I found that at least Rise of Prussia and WW1 Gold don't recognize input from the touch screen. I'd love to be able to play their board game feel when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv or a turn or two at lunch. One day I'll pick up TEAW and find out if its any different.


Does AJE/BOR/Hannibal run on it?  I'm guessing they don't since it uses the same engine.

I tried running WW1 Centennial edition last night, rather than my older copy of WW1 gold, and it doesn't work either. I'll try AJE/BOR tonight.

I just installed Hannibal - Terror of Rome on my Surface Pro 2 (i5 processor, 8GB RAM) and it worked very well, surprisingly, albeit I only tried it @ 1366x768.   The text was small, but readable, and it scrolled the map well.   The turn resolution seemed good too.   This in comparison to EU IV, which just dogged it out badly.

I've played WoW, Diablo 3, XCom (the new one), Guild Wars 2, and much more on mine with no issues.   Of course, I wouldn't expect many newer, graphic heavy games to work all that well, but given the small screen, you can get away with lowering the graphic quality quite a bit.   Oh, and I almost never try without a mouse... most games aren't that touch friendly.  But I didn't get it to play games like a tablet.  I got it to use more as a ultraportable laptop.