Smoke on the water, FRIDAY in the sky

Started by MetalDog, October 23, 2015, 06:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamus34

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 24, 2015, 04:33:41 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 24, 2015, 12:21:47 AM
If you figure all that nonsense out, please let me know.  I saw that too, but there is only so much pain I'll go through...I do have Madden (which is awesome).

Too much work for me at this point as well:)

I own it...while you cannot play it multiplayer online anymore the last time I checked it did still work.

Ok, just confirmed that it NFL 2K5 does work on the 360. Issue is there is no way to update rosters and stats that I know of.
Insert witty comment here.

jamus34

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 23, 2015, 11:34:53 PM
It was the best football arcade game ever made in my opinion....the halftime show was amazing, showing other game highlights....was just like watching the real thing.

IMHO this game has something that 10 years later Madden still can't do right...realistic ball physics. The ball gets tipped here and it's a mad dash by every player in the area. Ball tips in Madden and it's a script where everyone stands around like the play just finished.
Insert witty comment here.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jamus34 on October 24, 2015, 05:52:07 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 24, 2015, 04:33:41 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 24, 2015, 12:21:47 AM
If you figure all that nonsense out, please let me know.  I saw that too, but there is only so much pain I'll go through...I do have Madden (which is awesome).

Too much work for me at this point as well:)

I own it...while you cannot play it multiplayer online anymore the last time I checked it did still work.

Ok, just confirmed that it NFL 2K5 does work on the 360. Issue is there is no way to update rosters and stats that I know of.

This might be a way....

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/espn-nfl-2k5-football/264442-step-step-instructions-how-get-latest-rosters-360-a.html

Airborne Rifles

More CMANO for me. I bought the Northern Inferno expansion and I wanted to check it out, but I'm not going to dive in until I get through the Northern Fury scenarios. Hopefully some updates to the Bardufoss Blues AAR this weekend.

Gusington

Fortunate Son is one of the top 10 American rock songs of all time. And CCR one of the best American bands ever.

That is all.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

with Elite staring at me and shaking its head, and MGS V tutting loudly in the corner i opted for EU IV - i blame Huw

I usually go for small provinces, far away from fame and fortune but im going to steer grand old England to fame and fortune

Kushan

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 24, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
I usually go for small provinces, far away from fame and fortune but im going to steer grand old England to fame and fortune

I always have trouble playing England. I'm too stubborn to admit defeat to the AI and try to fight out the 100 years war.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

Quote from: Kushan on October 24, 2015, 12:11:30 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 24, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
I usually go for small provinces, far away from fame and fortune but im going to steer grand old England to fame and fortune

I always have trouble playing England. I'm too stubborn to admit defeat to the AI and try to fight out the 100 years war.

ill let you know how it goes

IronX

#53
Trying out the OP TORCH dlc for War in the West. Just scored a marginal victory against Rommel at Kasserine Pass on the last turn, which makes for a nice start.

Edit: And being a sucker for quality, complex wargames I've picked up Command Modern Air/Naval Ops while it's on sale.  :D

WallysWorld

Finally trying to play through the campaigns for Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis after installing the excellent ECP 1.3 graphics mod for the game.
Playing as Greece in Victoria 2 using the Historical Project Mod.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 23, 2015, 09:39:18 AM
Quote from: Blucher on October 23, 2015, 06:17:33 AM
A lot of PBEM's going on:

War Plan Orange
Budapest '45
France '14
Campaign Series Middle East
AGEOD's Thirty Years War
AGEOD's BOA2 Wars in America


Other Stuff:
I have started experimenting with War in the West again after buying the Torch Expansion. Which has some really nice scenario's. I am starting to wrap my head around the air system which is very complex but I can see it being a very effective tool when mastered.  I eventually want to graduate to PBEM play but it's going to take some time. Just wading in and enjoying the game slowly.

Continuing my campaign in Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced Edition which is just one of the Best AD&D games I have played. Completely ruined the Gold Box games for me.


  Something like all this.  I'll be working on a Nine-Years War scenario for Pike and Shot: Le Roi Soliel.  Something like Steenkirk, but without
the super-realistic cravat-tying clique-fest that would be there if DCS did the Nine-Years War.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Steenkerque

   I played Pike and Shot.  A great game.  So far I'm in the 1690s mostly.  I think the last time I saw any games for that period was in the 1970s with SPI's musket and pike.

   I also flew some CLOD more or less in the editor.

Gusington

Played some more Shadow of Mordor, and set up a new campaign in Age of Wonders III, playing for the first time as a human faction.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

threw a wonderful selection of 1s and 2s in my HoN PBEM with Cyrano - needless to say im displeased  >:(

things continue at a good pace against KyzBP in the WitP AE game

and opening EU4 for the first time in a long time, i see England is not stuck in the 100 years war with France - ill see if i can manage to ruin that