FRIDAY calling to the faraway towns, Now war is declared, and battle come down

Started by undercovergeek, May 02, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

 I think I did see the movie once because I had a girlfriend who loved Val Kilmer, but I could never associate Val Kilmer with Jim Morrison.

Val was an actor. Jim Morrison was a poet and a visionary.
He felt his countrys' pain and felt powerless to actually influence it.

I get the impression He gave up and decided it  wasn't worth the effort and death was more preferable than witnessing our ultimate decline.

I wish he would have felt differently, because He really was a mirror into our own soul.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Mr. Bigglesworth

Played Titanquest. I like it far more this time. I forgot about it after the 2nd town first time through. This time past the 3rd town in a few hours.

I had a strong desire to play Longbow 2 a little while ago. I wonder what my old monster 2 vid card would do mated to an i5 system. That was a great game that should be updated.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2014, 07:35:44 PM
Jesus BB...

...speaking of which - everyone knows the best Ministry song is Jesus Built My Hot Rod.



Recommended while driving. Anything.


This. Times ten.

Dolan50

I'm not really familiar with the total war series and my brother n law gave me his disk copy of Total war Rome II.
Can I use this  for the Total war For King and Country mod.
I've been reading a lot about the English Civil war in the 1600's  and would like to add this mod if applicable to what I have now.

I'm not very familiar with the whole Total war series and basing this question on the idea  of what Graviteam does with all its DLCs  and how you can apply them to the whole series.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Kushan

Quote from: Dolan50 on May 03, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
I'm not really familiar with the total war series and my brother n law gave me his disk copy of Total war Rome II.
Can I use this  for the Total war For King and Country mod.
I've been reading a lot about the English Civil war in the 1600's  and would like to add this mod if applicable to what I have now.

I'm not very familiar with the whole Total war series and basing this question on the idea  of what Graviteam does with all its DLCs  and how you can apply them to the whole series.

After doing a quick Google search, it looks like the King and Country mod is for Medieval 2, not Rome 2, so no you can't use it. Rome 2 also has to be registered on Steam in order for it to work, so if your brother in law already did that it wont work for you.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

I dug back into the Pacific theater this weekend.  Started with some IL-2, Pacific campaign as a Marine fighter pilot.  From there I dropped back into my WitP:AE campaign of all things...took a bit to remember what the heck I was doing when I left off (preparing to invade Efate).

Finished the evening off with a butt-ton of Rising Storm.  I had a nice kill streak, like 26 kills, as a machine gunner but then got server kicked because I TK'd one too many friendlies.  I've never had that happen before.  The threshold must have been pretty low, too, because I don't think I TK'd more than 3 people...in a 20 minute long match as a machine gunner that's actually not that many.  Especially considering I was laying down all sorts of suppressing fire and dumb asses were running into my bullet stream.   ::)  Getting kicked pissed me off pretty bad, actually.   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

God, I bet I haven't listened to Ministry in more than a decade.  That goodness I didn't run across these videos last night when I was shit faced or I'd have been on Youtube all damn night!

There as this killer surf video to Jesus Built My Hotrod on a film called, "Best of Wave Warriors" but I can't find it on Youtube.  It might not even be on there I guess.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on May 04, 2014, 12:56:16 AM
I dug back into the Pacific theater this weekend.  Started with some IL-2, Pacific campaign as a Marine fighter pilot.  From there I dropped back into my WitP:AE campaign of all things...took a bit to remember what the heck I was doing when I left off (preparing to invade Efate).

Finished the evening off with a butt-ton of Rising Storm.  I had a nice kill streak, like 26 kills, as a machine gunner but then got server kicked because I TK'd one too many friendlies.  I've never had that happen before.  The threshold must have been pretty low, too, because I don't think I TK'd more than 3 people...in a 20 minute long match as a machine gunner that's actually not that many.  Especially considering I was laying down all sorts of suppressing fire and dumb asses were running into my bullet stream.   ::)  Getting kicked pissed me off pretty bad, actually.   >:(

I think most servers use that mechanic where those that are TK'd can type "np" to forgive your team kill.  I usually miss the messages for that stuff, though.

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2014, 07:35:44 PM
Jesus BB...

...speaking of which - everyone knows the best Ministry song is Jesus Built My Hot Rod.



Recommended while driving. Anything.

I always thought of Ministry as "Reverend Horton Heat" on meth

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GL0w-aOkF_k

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Learned a few things in the last page:

1) Brant has 100% success rate at vomit projection

2) Dolan50 drunk posts almost coherently

3) The deviants that become wargamers listen to some TERRIBLE music (Ministry?!?!!!  Really?)

4) What I thought was cool is not necessarily so

5) I'm going to Walmart to do the grocery shopping
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2014, 07:40:40 AM
Learned a few things in the last page:

...
3) The deviants that become wargamers listen to some TERRIBLE music (Ministry?!?!!!  Really?)

De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote
...
5) I'm going to Walmart to do the grocery shopping

Bring back pix of any chimera, cryptids, or other unusual life-forms you may find browsing the isles there. It'll make 40Cent's day.  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ubercat

Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2014, 07:40:40 AM
3) The deviants that become wargamers listen to some TERRIBLE music (Ministry?!?!!!  Really?)

There's nothing wrong with loving Zappa AND Ministry. I do. In that order. Plenty of other music would be inserted between or after, such as Tom Waites. Hell, he might go first!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mikeck

Quote from: Dolan50 on May 03, 2014, 10:14:21 PM
I'm not really familiar with the total war series and my brother n law gave me his disk copy of Total war Rome II.
Can I use this  for the Total war For King and Country mod.
I've been reading a lot about the English Civil war in the 1600's  and would like to add this mod if applicable to what I have now.

I'm not very familiar with the whole Total war series and basing this question on the idea  of what Graviteam does with all its DLCs  and how you can apply them to the whole series.

I believe that "For King and Country" is only for Medieval 2...not Rome 2. You can get it on steam pretty cheap I think. It doesn't require the expansion but you can play it if you have the expansion. Getting the mods to work on steam is easy but you would never figure it out on your own. If you look at the mod's thread, there should be instructions
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2014, 07:50:09 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2014, 07:40:40 AM
Learned a few things in the last page:

...
3) The deviants that become wargamers listen to some TERRIBLE music (Ministry?!?!!!  Really?)

De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote
...
5) I'm going to Walmart to do the grocery shopping

Bring back pix of any chimera, cryptids, or other unusual life-forms you may find browsing the isles there. It'll make 40Cent's day.  :D

Hey.  I go to Walmart to grocery shop.  How good can my taste be?


Quote from: Ubercat on May 04, 2014, 08:51:27 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2014, 07:40:40 AM
3) The deviants that become wargamers listen to some TERRIBLE music (Ministry?!?!!!  Really?)

There's nothing wrong with loving Zappa AND Ministry. I do. In that order. Plenty of other music would be inserted between or after, such as Tom Waites. Hell, he might go first!

Glad you at least got the order right ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

I hope you enjoy Rome II, Dolan.  It's the most fun I've had with a Total War game in a decade. 




Quote from: undercovergeek on May 03, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Its 2:30 am - i thought id give CKII a run out at 21:20 -

so far the Vikings almost took all England, Mercia held out in the end, Wessex (me as Alfred) became a puppet state of the Vikings. The king of wessex died (my brother) and his son triggered a succession crisis, and we went to war - he lost Wessex itself to me leaving me with Dorset and Wessex. Building ports i saved enough money to hire mercenaries, i was the King of Denmarks marshal, and declared my independence - he let me go without a war - this allowed me to create the Duchy of Wessex again and incorporated Somerset into my lands - i kicked out the Viking earl and that left me with South West England as an independent state in England. This left me the chance to build up and claim the Duchy of Hwicce (Oxford, Gloucester and Wiltshire) from the king of Denmark - he had just entered a massive war with Poland leaving these provinces defenceless - they fell to me soon. My cousin the King of Mercia then started gobbling up the rest of the Midlands, and retook East Anglia - we both have ambitions to create England again. At the same time my wife's father died leaving her as the sole heir to the Duchy of Apulia and Bari - titles that will be passed to my son - but she needs my help as Italy just went up in flames in civil war, and now its 240!!

bed
Ha, that's pretty epic geek.  You've gotta love the soap-opera aspect of that game. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces