Pacific Rim Gets.... Interesting

Started by Windigo, May 21, 2014, 05:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

http://news.yahoo.com/vietnam-philippines-agree-oppose-china-160204828.html

still my vote for where crazy gets real

Interesting stuff as sidebar.... Russia and China sign big NG deal with hundreds of billions and also they are key nations in bid to move off the greenback as trade currency
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Windigo on May 21, 2014, 05:31:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/vietnam-philippines-agree-oppose-china-160204828.html

QuoteChinese coast guard ships have thrice attempted to block Filipino vessels delivering new military personnel and food supplies to Philippine marines keeping watch on the disputed area on board a long-grounded ship.

Those Filipino Marines are still hanging in there on that rust bucket after all those storms and whatnot!?! Gods bless 'em!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

oh.... so none of you has heard any of the news about Chinese troops moving towards the Vietnam border?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

there is none.

QuoteTroops, tanks, trucks, artillery, and armored personnel carriers of China's military were seen heading to the Vietnamese border on May 16 and 17, according to photographs taken by by residents near the border.

Chinese netizens have been posting photographs of the large movement of the People's Liberation Army, many of them showing Chinese troops in full combat gear heading to the local train station in Chongzuo, along with military vehicles.

One netizen said the Chinese military was taking the train from the Chongzuo station to Pingxiang City, which shares a 60-mile border with Vietnam. The netizen said that the Huu Nghi Border Gate to Vietnam is also now closed.

One of the photos, taken from inside a passenger train, shows the Chinese military preparing artillery for transport on a train track. Others show Chinese troops and military vehicles traveling along dirt roads.

Another photograph shows troops walking under the red-colored entrance to the Longzhou International Building Materials Market, on Provincial Road in the city of Chongzuo.

A reverse image search of each of the photographs using Google indicated that the photographs had appeared on the Internet only recently. Most were indexed by Google on Saturday.

Collectively, the images and eyewitness reports from the ground show what Taiwanese media are calling an "endless stream" of Chinese troops.

One netizen, with the username Zhiyuan0703, echoed a common sentiment on the Chinese social media site, "Conflict between China and Vietnam is imminent."

Controversial Oil Rig
The troop movement comes amid growing anti-China protests in Vietnam. They began last week after Chinese state-run oil company CNOOC began setting up an oil rig 120 nautical miles from Vietnam in waters near the disputed Paracel islands.

The protests began with close to 100 people in Ho Chi Minh City last Saturday, grew to more than 1,000 people in Hanoi on Sunday, and later grew into riots. The protesters have since burned foreign-owned factories. An estimated 21 people have been killed, including at least one Chinese worker in a Taiwanese steel mill.

China has suspended some plans for a bilateral exchange with Vietnam, details of which were not specified, in response to the riots, according to China's state-run news service Xinhua.

China has evacuated more than 3,000 of its citizens from Vietnam, and announced Sunday it is sending five ships to help with the evacuations. According to Xinhua, China has issued travel warnings to its citizens traveling to Vietnam.

The report added, citing a Foreign Ministry representative, "China will also consider taking further measures according to the situation's development."

China is currently involved in territorial conflicts with nearly all its neighbors. Tensions have been growing particularly intense, however, over China's claims to disputed territory in the East China Sea and South China Sea.

US Response
Fang Fenghui, the Chinese military's chief of the general staff, spoke with reporters at the Pentagon on May 15, alongside U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey.

Fang defended China's oil drilling in disputed waters with Vietnam. He also warned the United States on taking sides, saying through a Chinese translator "there is possibility that these issues could affect or disturb the relationship between the two countries and two militaries."

White House press secretary Jay Carney reiterated the U.S. stance on China's oil rig, however, during a May 15 press briefing.

He said China's oil rig, which the Chinese regime has accompanied with "numerous government vessels" is a "provocative act and it raises tensions in the region, and by raising tensions makes it more difficult to resolve claims over disputed territory in a manner that supports peace and stability in the region."

Carney said the United States takes no position on the territorial claims, but, "We do take a position on the conduct of the claimants who must resolve their disputes peacefully, without intimidation, without coercion, and in accordance with international law."

Regarding China's oil rig and the tensions that have formed around it, Carney said, "We consider that act provocative and we consider it one that undermines the goal that we share, which is a peaceful resolution of these disputes and general stability in the region."

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/682973-chinese-military-said-to-be-massing-near-the-vietnam-border/?photo=4

QuoteHong Kong (CNN) -- China has evacuated more than 3,000 of its citizens from Vietnam and is sending ships to retrieve more of them after deadly anti-Chinese violence erupted last week over a territorial dispute between the two countries.Five Chinese ships will travel to Vietnam to help with the evacuation, the official Chinese news agency Xinhua reported Sunday, citing the Ministry of Transport. One of the ships has already set off from the southern island province of Hainan, the ministry said.

Sixteen critically injured Chinese citizens were flown out of Vietnam on Sunday morning on a chartered medical plane organized by Chinese authorities, Xinhua said.

Two Chinese citizens were killed and more than 100 others were injured in the violence that hit parts of Vietnam last week, according to the news agency. Some of the worst violence appeared to have taken place in the central coastal province of Ha Tinh.

Foreign factories, particularly those run by companies from China and Taiwan, were burned and looted by rioters outraged over Beijing's decision to send an oil rig into waters of the South China Sea that both countries claim as sovereign territory.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/18/world/asia/vietnam-china-tensions/

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Centurion40

The Chinese have rolled into Vietnam before, with impunity, so they could very well do it again.
Any time is a good time for pie.

OJsDad

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 22, 2014, 09:32:07 AM
The Chinese have rolled into Vietnam before, with impunity, so they could very well do it again.

I thought China regretted their last attempt in the '70's.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

But they're no quitters.

Maybe they have more confidence that they'll be more effective this time around?
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 22, 2014, 10:58:56 AM

Didn't we also see a pic of this chunderhead in the Crimea and/or eastern Ukraine?  He must be a chaos merc for hire! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

All those pix do seem to have a lot of Russian-looking guys in Russian-looking uniforms mixed in with the Far Eastern-looking fellows.