FRIDAY'S horse was red, the second horse was white.......................

Started by undercovergeek, May 30, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

I've had so little time for games...for me I need to have a big block of time to ensure a stress-free enjoyment, not having to worry about this little thing or that little thing hovering over me waiting to be done...

In any case I unexpectedly got a $50 Amazon gift card through a work wellness program for getting healthy and stuff, so I'm looking to spend that sucker on a Victory Point game...just not sure which one yet. Either Cruel Necessity or Ottoman Sunset. If I get Ottoman Sunset I'm going to want Hapsburg Eclipse since the two can be joined and played together. Also possibly want to get In Magnificent Style.

Like I have ANY business BUYING freaking games...sigh. I owe reviews everywhere, it seems...

Computer games, I haven't played too much of lately. I tried to fire up Gridiron Solitaire last night, which never had a problem working before, now suddenly Steam gives me an error and won't play it. Just as well I guess. I grabbed the Battlefield 3 and Plants Vs. Zombies freebies from Origin yesterday, but haven't downloaded BF3 yet.



Martok

I'll for sure be getting some time in with Distant Worlds: Universe and Rome II this weekend.  Would also like to play around with Pandora: First Contact if I can get the chance, now that the (free!) Return of the Messari expansion is available, and I'm itching to get back into Crusader Kings II as well. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

My Gamers ADD is getting out of control so I'm going to try to focus on just one game...either Distant Worlds: Universe or EUIV.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

-budd-

finally jumped into the wargame's ..... first 2 anyway. Wish they would back patch EE to unlock the units and maybe a pause button so i wouldn't have to manage from so high up and get to see all the cool sh*t.... and recording feature for SP. If i can muster up the patience i'll be going thru EE campaign to unlock all the units otherwise it will be airland battle. I enjoy the skirmish mode the most. I'll be getting in some 7days to die testing out some different defenses and i should probably check on my gnomes in gnomoria. Of course my daughters 7th birthday party is tomorrow so i'll have 10-12 7 year old girls running around tomorrow, so will be doing the big inflatable bouncy house &slide combo with sack races and egg spoon races ect. ect. I'm on barbecue and entertainment duty and it will be mid 70's O0 so should work out fine. So all my gaming plans are tentative at best.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

vyshka

Quote from: mikeck on May 30, 2014, 07:17:17 AM
Flashpoint campaigns (if the 2.04 patch comes out)

There was a new build today, so still a work in progress.

I will be playing:

BF4
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
Distant Worlds: Universe
Possibly some Diablo 3 or Path of Exile, but kind of burned out at the moment.

bruce205

Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bruce205 on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Board game itch, Hows Thunderbolt Apache Leader sound?  Gonna learn this new baby !!  Heard wonderful things so I pulled the trigger since they did a reprint.  Any thoughts guys? 
Fair winds and Following Seas

Bruce
it's superb
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tuna

I will probably do a few FSX flights..

Some Fallen Enchantress

If the moons align some Warlock MP with MD and W8t.

Maybe try and continue my Pontas Rome II campaign (getting my ass whipped, might have to find an easier faction and restart).

PipFromSlitherine

You win the internet with an Aphrodite's Child reference!

O0

Fell back into Starcraft II...

Cheers

Pip

Gusington

Now I am torn...the new Wolfenstein or Rome II? gah

That's my gaming OCD kicking in...can only play one at a time.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 03:53:14 PM
Now I am torn...the new Wolfenstein or Rome II? gah

That's my gaming OCD kicking in...can only play one at a time.
if you do play Wolfenstein, select one of the top two levels of difficulty. I played the middle level and its really easy with loss of ammo and health...to the point where you not only don't want to pick them up but you can't
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 04:05:34 PM
How many levels are there? 5?
From what I remember, yes. Select one of the top two. I'm pretty poor at fps games and I normally select the middle ground...but I'm finding the middle ground VERY easy
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

Demon's Souls (PS3)
Distant Worlds: Universe (PC)
Pro Cycling Manager 2013: La Tour de France (PC)
Dominions 4 (PBEM)
Battlefield Acadamy (PBEM)
Warlock (MD&Tuna mp game)
Maybe squeeze in a few rounds of Titanfall (XBO360) if there is time...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!