FRIDAY'S horse was red, the second horse was white.......................

Started by undercovergeek, May 30, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TacticalWargames

Giving CM Red Thunder a rest for abit.

EUIV
WOFF
TU (testing)

Watched the Ultramarines film..passed the time but did give me a WH40K itch. So tried DOW 2 again..it's OK bu I do crave a tactical wego game with DOW2 quality graphics.

W8taminute

Quote from: TacticalWargames on May 31, 2014, 10:46:56 AM
...Watched the Ultramarines film..passed the time but did give me a WH40K itch. So tried DOW 2 again..it's OK bu I do crave a tactical wego game with DOW2 quality graphics.

That would make many of us here very happy if a game like that were to come out.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

In the end I did 3 races in F1 2013. All practice, qualifying and 20 lap races. Silverstone (Great Britain), Nurburgring (Germany) and Hungaroring (Hungary).

I qualified 18th and finished 10th in Silverstone
I qualified 11th and finished 8th in Nurburgring
I qualified 12th and came 3rd in Hungaroring in my Williams.

I had an offer from Sauber and turned it down. They are below Williams in the Constructors table.

I'm 8th in the Drivers standings and Williams are 6th in the Constructors table.

I also played a wee bit of Combat Mission:Red Thunder - but not a lot and quite a bit of Wolfenstein:The New Order

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I'm very much enjoying it.

I think it looks great. It helps that I'm not getting stuck in levels because the difficulty is too high...that kind of thing kills a game for me.

I love the look of the Nazis with all their armour. I have a childhood fear of dogs - and ANY game that involves dogs frightens the crap out of me - so armoured dogs are not good - not good at all!

AI is a bit predictable. I don't know if that's linked to the difficulty level I've chosen or not (I doubt it).

But overall it's fun. And I love a good story...and it is a good story.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I bought Paper Sorcerer for $4 on GoG last Friday.  I've been playing it (when not working) since then.  Very fun dungeon crawler.

Toonces

^ That looks really interesting!  I think I'm going to pick it up- thanks for the head's up!   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on June 01, 2014, 09:27:44 PM
I bought Paper Sorcerer for $4 on GoG last Friday.  I've been playing it (when not working) since then.  Very fun dungeon crawler.

Damn.

I had been tempted when it first came out, but had persuaded myself that it probably didn't have as much content as I'd like.  Now I may have to pick it up sometime.

airboy

Quote from: airboy on June 01, 2014, 09:27:44 PM
I bought Paper Sorcerer for $4 on GoG last Friday.  I've been playing it (when not working) since then.  Very fun dungeon crawler.

I've played it for 5 hours and am less than half way through.  I really like it (at this price).  I will probably write a review when I get a few moments.  But lots have happened in the last 60 days and I have the screenshots and start of another review that I need to complete.

vyshka

Quote from: vyshka on May 30, 2014, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 30, 2014, 07:17:17 AM
Flashpoint campaigns (if the 2.04 patch comes out)

There was a new build today, so still a work in progress.

I will be playing:

BF4
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
Distant Worlds: Universe
Possibly some Diablo 3 or Path of Exile, but kind of burned out at the moment.

Recap of the weekend:

I guess I did pretty good as I hit all of the games except Path of Exile.

BF4 - played a few rounds. I went out of town for work shortly after release, and between the release issues and some burn out from beta + bf3 at the time I took a break until now. Now I'm trying to get back into it.
Distant Worlds: Universe - Had one really short game where I pissed off some very powerful pirates by listening to my advisors and not paying attention to the fact that I didn't have shields researched yet. They raped and pillaged with glee. Now I have another game going, but it is still in the very early stages
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm - spent some more time with the 2.04 beta patch. Made the British hate me even more as I think I lost the tutorial scenario for the 1st time ever.
Diablo 3 - finished getting my Crusader to level 70, and then started working on my wizard going from 16 to 40 over Saturday and Sunday. Considering I only had 1 level 60 prior to RoS and I now have 3 levels 70s plus my wizard on his way there, I guess I like RoS.

I also managed to read about 1/4 of Rick's The Generals.

Martok

Quote from: Martok on May 30, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
I'll for sure be getting some time in with Distant Worlds: Universe and Rome II this weekend.  Would also like to play around with Pandora: First Contact if I can get the chance, now that the (free!) Return of the Messari expansion is available, and I'm itching to get back into Crusader Kings II as well.
Not surprisingly, I got sucked into Distant Worlds: Universe, playing as the Quameno.  I also started up a new Pontus campaign in Rome II, but I'm kinda waiting for the mods to catch up to the new update before I resume heavy playing. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

I hit just about all the games I planned to, although not as much of some as others.

Distant Worlds: The damn bug to my galactic south got lucky and found 3 habitable marshy swamp planets to colonize or takeover, while me and the two other factions I've run into only have their starting homeworlds. I did buy the location of an independent colony, incidentally a human colony in the Sol system, thats half way across the galaxy from me, putting it outside my colonial range. Think I'm going to take the opinion hit and invade them. Been refitting my fleet for the long range expedition. As soon as my scouts find a caslon source 1/4 to half way from the target for a resupply ship, they'll be setting off. The real problem will be trying to defend it.

EUIV: Started a new game as Brandenburg last night. Allied with Bohemia and Austria for the moment but eventually my goal of forming Prussia and Germany are going to bring me into conflict with them.

Kerbal Space Program: Having to relearn how to build proper rockets using the Feram Aerospace mod. With the atmosphere being less soupy then vanilla, all my traditional KSP rockets are way overpowered. Attempted to launch a probe to Mun last night, and my roll over turned into my rocket spinning end for end until it eventually exploded.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

i lost a good chunk of weekend to designing a Donetsk map for CMBS

but when i wasnt doing that i was driving around in GTA IV and it was a blast. Still on the early 'go here, do that' missions to familiarise you with driving to and from destinations, played darts, played tenpin bowling. For £19.99 it was just what i wanted it to be, immerssive with hilarious vignettes that happen in these games that make you smile.

Just before i switched the game off i was supposed to steal a car from a non paying drug addict, wash it, and take it to a lock up. As i turned into the lockup, i saw a policeman chasing a guy on foot just down the road. I turned right into the lock up and the criminal ran smack bang into the side of my car and knocked himself out, the police guy shouts to stop me, and now i have a wanted star for knocking the burglar out. Reverse out of lock up at high speed, crash into 2 police cruisers and accidentally run over the policeman on foot - crazy police chase through town but made it to spray shop in time for respray and new disguise - now slowly deliver car back to lock up and walk away like nothing happened - made me smile throughout the whole experience

Dimitris

Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
Also makes me want to get back into Wargame: AirLand Battle and maybe even check up on CMANO's latest version to see how much the interface has been improved since release.

A lot, I'm happy to say. We released v1.04 RC1 this weekend and most of the improvements have been on the UI. Also check the "UI improvements" sections on the v1.01, v1.02 and v1.03 release notes.

(We are also putting together a one-stop "manual addendum" section so that users do not have to go through the release notes to see what has been added/changed.)
Command: Modern Operations
https://command.matrixgames.com/