Totally unamusing thread about tree puns - to be destroyed

Started by undercovergeek, June 05, 2014, 12:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 05, 2014, 12:18:00 PMplease make as many witty tree puns as you can

youre all a shower of bastards!!

admit it, despite the passive aggressive nature of your OP edit, you secretly pine for our humor to needle you...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

steve58

I don't want to undercut the warped humor in this burl-y thread, but all the puns before this one were just chips in the bucket.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Boggit

Quote from: steve58 on June 07, 2014, 07:48:52 AM
I don't want to undercut the warped humor in this burl-y thread, but all the puns before this one were just chips in the bucket.
That wood be a wooden bucket? ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: steve58 on June 07, 2014, 07:48:52 AM
I don't want to undercut the warped humor in this burl-y thread, but all the puns before this one were just chips in the bucket.

All my dreams of becoming a world-class tree-punner have turned to ash.

vyshka

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on June 07, 2014, 09:40:33 AM
Quote from: steve58 on June 07, 2014, 07:48:52 AM
I don't want to undercut the warped humor in this burl-y thread, but all the puns before this one were just chips in the bucket.

All my dreams of becoming a world-class tree-punner have turned to ash.

So you'll be weeping willow you?

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

perhaps you need to branch out in new directions.
that could be the root of the problem ya know and its best not leafing any stone unturned.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Maybe this thread has run its course.  Whose gonna give me Tree-fiddy for it?  C'mon tree-fiddy? 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on June 05, 2014, 02:00:10 PM


Just randomly lurking through threads and I come upon this gem...an epic moment in movie history.  They'll probably never make movies this good again.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

I have to be honest - I'm confused.

Perhaps I can't see the wood for the trees.

Planks very much for starting this one though...it made me chuckle...even if it was eventually branching from the OP's thread!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people