Main Menu

FRIDAY'S Last Stand!

Started by MetalDog, June 05, 2014, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Quote from: Martok on June 06, 2014, 03:41:41 AM
In an "ideal" universe where there are twice as many hours in a day as there currently are...
Isn't that the truth... I've recently tried that by sleeping little, save for naps... sadly it all catches up with a vengeance! :buck2: :uglystupid2:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2014, 01:49:33 PM
If I drink I will do better and if I don't I won't care anyway because I will be drinking.
Does drinking the quality stuff improve on your game performance then?  O0 Raising a glass to you now Sir! :coolsmiley:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on June 06, 2014, 07:11:36 AM
I think i'll use the sale on gamersgate to finally get Civilization V  and, as my credit card is ready again...
Try to get the "Complete" version - as it has all the expansions, and DLC. It doesn't cost that much more than the other offerings. I got it for our Mac, which was a mistake :idiot2:, as the wife and the kids are permanently on it!  :-\
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

panzerde

Looks like PBEM of John Tiller's Campaign Series with a buddy down in Texas, and if we get bored of that, some CMRT. Trying to convince him to play some Band of Brothers via VASSAL as well. My boxed version of said game is supposed to be arriving on my doorstep any minute now.

I'm trying hard not to cave in and buy WitP AE while it's on sale...but I'm wavering...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Boggit

This weekend
Lots of Field of Glory - as competing in the Digital League with my Spartacus Army, plus a couple of friendly matches. All MP these days. The single player AI is quite good, but the MP community is just awesome. There are some really nice members, and we have a good laugh. 8)

I'll restart a DWU campaign, my last failing miserably as I was wiped out by the Shakturi... :'(

Investigating Pandora, and will eventually do a flash review on it, but need to play it for a bit first.

A couple of QBs/a scenario of Combat Mission - probably Red Thunder
There are a few other bits and bobs I'll dabble with if I get time. I keep meaning to start a Parthian Wars scenario for AJE/BOR, but never seem to get round to it.

And I'll follow Gus' example, and have a few beers to see if it improves my game too.... ;) ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 06, 2014, 08:52:25 AM
Quote from: Tuna on June 06, 2014, 08:35:28 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 05, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
I should be around Saturday night for some Warlock action.   8)

Might be tough for me.. Son's Graduation is tomorrow... Stepson coming home from NYC.. will be lots of family at the house..
Excellent news.

Indeed.  Have fun this weekend Tuna!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

Quote from: Boggit on June 06, 2014, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2014, 01:49:33 PM
If I drink I will do better and if I don't I won't care anyway because I will be drinking.
Does drinking the quality stuff improve on your game performance then?  O0 Raising a glass to you now Sir! :coolsmiley:

I'm joining you in that!
I might try out some WitP:AE or Distant Worlds or who knows. I will certainly start watching "The Longest Day" tonight in honor of those brave men who hit the beaches 70 years ago. Maybe I should also start a WWII game as well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

vyshka

Distant Worlds: Universe
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
Diablo 3

Maybe finally spend some time with Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy as well.

I'm also reading Viper Pilot and will probably finish that this weekend. Which is making me want to load up some Strike Fighters. Anyone know/remember if there are SEAD missions in Strike Fighters?

Toonces

I'm going to try to play some Morrowind, for as long as I can hack it.  I have to say it hasn't grabbed like I had hoped, and I fear this will be my last try at getting into this game.  If it doesn't stick soon, I may just hang it up for good.

I also installed Wizardry 8, which I got on GoG a while ago.  I'm curious to see if it's as good as it's hyped up to be.  More and more I'm finding graphics DO make a difference with how much I like a game, regardless of how awesome the gameplay is.  Sadly.   :tickedoff:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: vyshka on June 06, 2014, 07:10:48 PM

I'm also reading Viper Pilot and will probably finish that this weekend. Which is making me want to load up some Strike Fighters. Anyone know/remember if there are SEAD missions in Strike Fighters?

I'm pretty sure there are SEAD missions in Strike Fighters 2 but it depends on which model you are flying.  They may be a bit rare, even then.  Think it has Shrikes too IIRC, depending on which pack(s) you're using.