Main Menu

HOTAS up for grabs

Started by Jarhead0331, June 06, 2014, 09:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

I've got a Saitek X-52 that I replaced with the new X-55.  Chances are, I am never going to use it again. She was a good throttle and stick and I will miss her, but I'd love to prolong her usefulness by finding a good home. I'm willing to pass her on free of charge to someone who will take good care of it. The system is moderately used, but I took pretty good care of it and it is fully functional. I'll take pics if you're interested, but remember, it is being offered at a price you can't refuse.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

How are you finding the X-55?  I ordered one a few weeks ago and I'm just waiting for the store to get restocked.  (I also ended up buying two more MS Sidewinder 2 FFB sticks off a guy on SimHQ.  Love my Sidewinder 2 but it's really sloppy now.)

Jarhead0331

I love the X-55. Its extremely well made and has ample buttons, sliders, knobs and wheels.  The one issue I am having has to do with my comfort with the old X-52.  The X-52 stick had that plastic trigger guard in the front of the stick that I would rest my index finger on when not using the trigger to shoot. The X-55 does not have the guard and I feel like I have no place to put my finger, other than on the actual trigger which makes me instinctively feel very uncomfortable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

Good to hear.  I'm looking forward to it but I really don't want to give up Force Feedback.  I think I might use the X-55 throttle but keep using my Sidewinder 2 stick. 


DoctorQuest

If the offer is still good, I'll gladly give it a good home.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GDS_Starfury

you really want to touch JH's stick?   :o
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


PanzersEast


Jgreen

Hi Jarhead0331

Check pm's please. Thanks

TacticalWargames

If it's still on offer mate how much?

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 06, 2014, 09:19:00 PM
I love the X-55. Its extremely well made and has ample buttons, sliders, knobs and wheels.  The one issue I am having has to do with my comfort with the old X-52.  The X-52 stick had that plastic trigger guard in the front of the stick that I would rest my index finger on when not using the trigger to shoot. The X-55 does not have the guard and I feel like I have no place to put my finger, other than on the actual trigger which makes me instinctively feel very uncomfortable.

I had the previous model and my biggest complaint was the limited space there.  Between the guard on the front of the stick and the pinky trigger, my fingers were jammed in tight.  This is one case where a tight finger jam wasn't a good thing.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on June 07, 2014, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 06, 2014, 09:19:00 PM
I love the X-55. Its extremely well made and has ample buttons, sliders, knobs and wheels.  The one issue I am having has to do with my comfort with the old X-52.  The X-52 stick had that plastic trigger guard in the front of the stick that I would rest my index finger on when not using the trigger to shoot. The X-55 does not have the guard and I feel like I have no place to put my finger, other than on the actual trigger which makes me instinctively feel very uncomfortable.

I had the previous model and my biggest complaint was the limited space there.  Between the guard on the front of the stick and the pinky trigger, my fingers were jammed in tight.  This is one case where a tight finger jam wasn't a good thing.

I have pretty big hands and I never felt that way...However, now that you mention it, the pinky trigger would get in the way sometimes.  The X-55 actually solves this problem by having the pinky trigger extended pretty far forward on the stick.  In fact, there are actually two buttons down there.  The trigger and much smaller button on the bottom of the stick.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


WYBaugh


MetalDog

So you've seen him then?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on June 07, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
So you've seen him then?

I hear they're too big to carry, that he actually uses a wheelbarrow which is pushed by his minions.