Storm Over The Pacific at Steam

Started by Sir Slash, June 16, 2014, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Storm Over The Pacific at Steam for $17.99. Is it hit, miss, or wait for Summer Sale. What's the general opinion?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

magnus

 I had some problem with the land battles.

As i recall the troops were just generic points. So, there was no real difference between troop types even though they are marked armor etc..

Rayfer

Wait for summer sales. It has its flaws and warts but you can play the entire pacific war without the micro-mangement and time committment of WitP.

doomtrader

Give it a try then:

Z09J2-3WFIN-MA9D4

Actually there are some differences between armors and infantry, such as combat bonuses

mirth

Have folks been able to get it to run under Win 7? I have it installed and when I tried running it I got some error message. It was a while back and I don't remember the exact error. I did spend a couple of hours trying to resolve it with no luck.

Had the same issue with Strategic War in Europe, which I purchased and installed at the same time.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

tgb

#5
I bought this from Matrix several years back, but it appears they (Sliterine) aren't offering Steam keys.  Anyone know what's up with that?

[edit] Never mind - I just found the post that explains you have to write directly to the developer.

Anguille

I am playing the game under windows 7 without any problems. You have to run it as admin though! I really enjoy the fact that i can play the entire pacific war with it and it's not as complex as WitP for which i wouldn't have the time....if you're interested in the subject, i'd go for it.

Cheers

jomni

#7
Quote from: magnus on June 16, 2014, 11:44:17 AM
I had some problem with the land battles.

As i recall the troops were just generic points. So, there was no real difference between troop types even though they are marked armor etc..

Nope. They have different movement. But for combat it's all about the aggregate combat points of the unit. The should be more under the hood that I'm not seeing.

Fonebone

For armored units, there's a penalty for attacking without armor, a standard and very common wargaming convention.