This Thursday is like unto Friday unto me

Started by MengJiao, July 03, 2014, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

#15
Quote from: Tuna on July 03, 2014, 12:51:48 PM

Interested to see what the starting price will be for AGEOD's Civil War ii on Steam (says available in 6 hours0

This is from Matrix site so seems like an initial 25% of normal price, which is 39.99...

**From Matrix**

Some of you may have already spotted the game in Steam's 'Coming Soon' section, but for those who are not yet aware we are pleased to announce that Ageod's latest and greatest Civil War game is releasing on Steam today! In order to celebrate this joyous occasion, we are offering you a 25% discount on Civil War II, as well as a great bundle deal.

In a couple of hours, you will be able to grab Civil War II and the Bloody Road South expansion on the world's most popular digital platform. Those of you who already own Civil War II will be able to register their key with us to get a free Steam key!

Now is your chance to get immersed in one of the most historically accurate and in-depth games of the period. In Civil War II you take the part of the military and political leadership, trying to lead your nation to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations of the Civil War. You will build, organize and command your armies over one of the largest maps of the USA ever made for a Civil War game.

Click here for the Steam product page.

Already own Civil War II? Redeem your free Steam key here.

-budd-

As time allows i'll probably throw out some more challenges in frozen synapse and i've re-installed Panzer Command Ostfront so i'll give that a spin again with maybe some airship dragoon mixed in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on July 03, 2014, 04:28:05 PM
As time allows i'll probably throw out some more challenges in frozen synapse and i've re-installed Panzer Command Ostfront so i'll give that a spin again with maybe some airship dragoon mixed in.

I reinstalled Panzer Command Ostfront last month.  All was well except for one thing.  It ran even worse than it did on my older computers.  ???  It was annoyingly sluggish.

-budd-

seems to run ok for me [i've only played 2 small scenarios so far] the problem i have is i cant get the random campaign generator to work.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on July 03, 2014, 04:46:20 PM
seems to run ok for me [i've only played 2 small scenarios so far] the problem i have is i cant get the random campaign generator to work.

I think it used a specific version of Internet Explorer and some plug-in(s) for creating the randomized stuff.  I recall there being some compatibility issues when later versions of IE came out.  It probably happened again after further updates to it.  :-[

Toonces

I've been playing some Strike Fighters 2 with the Falklands War mod.  Pretty neat but I'll be doggoned if I can land the Harrier yet! 

Also looking at doing some dungeon crawling, maybe breaking open Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

BMS Falcon and Rising Storm are also definites.

And plenty of surfing...we have a nice little swell running here this weekend!

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

I really like that screenshot Toonces!   8)

vyshka

I'm sure it will be another weekend with some Dialbo 3. I'm also in the mood for some Football Manager. Perhaps some Wildstar as well. I also need to spend time packing and filling out some paperwork before flying to NC on Sunday. Left Oracle today and start at Red Hat on Monday.

Jarhead0331

#23
Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
I really like that screenshot Toonces!   8)
Reminds me of the first few minutes of Top Gun.

Does the mod model the ground war?

I'll definitely play sniper elite 3 and arma 3....and if I can force myself to get enough focus,  I'd like to dig into WWI Centennial and Civil War 2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Working Sunday but between then and now there will be mostly Divinity, CKII and a little bit of Arma III

Happy 4th July to you guys

bbmike

Tempted to try Endless Legend even though it's only a beta. I'll continue my Civ4 WWI AAR at some point. If the 1.5 patch for Commander: The Great War comes out I'll try that.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
I really like that screenshot Toonces!   8)

Me too. Its an excellent shot.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bbmike on July 04, 2014, 06:24:50 AM
Tempted to try Endless Legend even though it's only a beta. I'll continue my Civ4 WWI AAR at some point. If the 1.5 patch for Commander: The Great War comes out I'll try that.

the guys behind the endless range make good games - dont think of it as broken/not working - i played endless space for months not realising it was still in beta

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pinetree

I'm currently mixing my time between Xenonauts, Shadowrun Dragonfall and Sniper Elite V2.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."