Greatest American Rock Band

Started by bayonetbrant, July 26, 2014, 07:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 28, 2014, 07:35:28 PM
oh I cleaned it up before hitting post.

Used that favorite sock of yours, didn't you?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 28, 2014, 06:50:39 PM
pearl jam can suck a bag of aids ridden dicks.

QFT!

Eddie Vedder is one step above Cobain in my book.  And that's because he is still drawing breath.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

for the era and genre of music you simply cant beat the Pixies with maybe the Smashing Pumpkins far far behind.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Come on man. Alice in Chains??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Alice In Chains is by FAR the best band to come out of Seattle at that time.  I dig the Smashing Pumpkins, but AIC is heavy and awesome in a way that I've never heard.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pixies?  Smashing Pumpkins?  Well they excel at being bitchy little posers I guess.

Gusington

^O snap!

Also AiC is still putting out good music, with their new lead singer and bassist. RIP Layne Staley and Mike Starr.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

all of that coming from a buncha guys that never stepped a foot in a pit.

::)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

A Pixies pit?  What happens there?  Somebody run up and apply black eyeliner to you a little too roughly?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on July 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
Alice In Chains is by FAR the best band to come out of Seattle at that time.  I dig the Smashing Pumpkins, but AIC is heavy and awesome in a way that I've never heard.

You *do* know that Smashing Pumpkins are *not* a Seattle band, right?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 28, 2014, 09:15:02 PM
all of that coming from a buncha guys that never stepped a foot in a pit.

::)

Fuck you. I was on MTV in 92 in the pit at a Pantera show
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

a pit....  ::)

somewhere theres a Wonka meme for that.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 28, 2014, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

You *do* know that Smashing Pumpkins are *not* a Seattle band, right?

Yeah.  Just stream of consciousnessed the post.  Combined a couple of posts.

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on July 28, 2014, 06:30:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 28, 2014, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 28, 2014, 05:43:58 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 27, 2014, 08:03:05 PMI would throw my lot in with Aerosmith. Not my favourite American band, but their longevity and influence cannot be denied.

But a greater influence than Kiss?

I like Kiss, and The Eagles.  Neither are my all-time favorite band.  But their combination of influence, longevity, and success just pummel all the other current options in my mind.  In 15 more years, I'd hope Pearl Jam is in that conversation, but it'll take that long to truly get a sense of their influence.

no Bon Jovi?

Geek, if you ever denied entry into the United States, THIS will be the reason.

Its about the only question they don't ask me at passport control but ill try and slip it in next time!

Gusington

They should be asking you about that rash that isn't goong away and then move on to the Bon Jovi.

I have been in pits against my will, as I am really too small for that shit. My glory came in the winter of 1994 at a Stabbing Westward show when I got kicked in the head by a ski boot. That was enough.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd