Frontline:Road To Moscow

Started by tgb, August 08, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

Man, you guys are SLIPPING!

The PC version of Frontline:Road to Moscow has been released into the wild.  Available right now from Matrix/Slitherine, or in a couple of hours from Steam.

It sure looks like Unity of Command.  I wonder if it plays the same?

No price on the Steam page, but the direct price is $7.99, so I guess it will be comparable.  I'd grab it if I wasn't already up to my asshole in computer-game alligators.

JasonPratt

I own it already on my iPhone but haven't played it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Anyone played PC version? Looks pretty, does it play well?

Ian C

Quote from: FlickJax on August 28, 2014, 09:31:32 AM
Anyone played PC version? Looks pretty, does it play well?

Yes. It plays like a cross between Panzer General and Unity of Command. Quite fun.

Shelldrake

Looks like a nice budget game although the upper torso representations of infantry look a little creepy.  :o
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Boggit

I've emailed Ionut, the lead developer of F:RTM about the thread. I can't think of anyone more informed to answer any technical questions about the game. He obviously has an interest in the success of the game, but again he's the best guy to ask on technical specifics and plans for expansions, moddability, game updates etc... :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

IonutG

Hi guys,

Here are some gameplay videos to help you make a better idea about the game:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfm9XNvwBFG8gHoMnQZJoMGlZZaFyFthe

Cheers,

Ionut