RYSE Son of Rome Coming to PC this Fall

Started by trek, August 09, 2014, 12:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

The game is totally epic. It feels like you're controlling a legionnaire in the middle of a battle in Rome II Total War.  I'm really liking the story so far and the cut scenes are fantastic.  Again, relatively simple game play, but so far, very enjoyable.  This is what the old Creative Assemble action game Spartan: Total Warrior should have been.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Have you played Shadow of Rome?  I would think this would be similar and more refined.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on October 10, 2014, 08:22:06 PM
Have you played Shadow of Rome?  I would think this would be similar and more refined.

I think I had that on the PS2? It must not have been that good because I only vaguely remember it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

Definitely getting this, after I complete Shadow of Mordor.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2014, 03:38:57 PM
Definitely getting this, after I complete Shadow of Mordor.

This store has it only for $19, only catch is that they are out of stock so you won't get the key until Monday.

http://cdkeyshere.com/ryse-son-of-rome-cd-key.html#.VDmWJOl0yUk

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 11, 2014, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2014, 03:38:57 PM
Definitely getting this, after I complete Shadow of Mordor.

This store has it only for $19, only catch is that they are out of stock so you won't get the key until Monday.

http://cdkeyshere.com/ryse-son-of-rome-cd-key.html#.VDmWJOl0yUk

Is that a legit site?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jomni on October 11, 2014, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 11, 2014, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2014, 03:38:57 PM
Definitely getting this, after I complete Shadow of Mordor.

This store has it only for $19, only catch is that they are out of stock so you won't get the key until Monday.

http://cdkeyshere.com/ryse-son-of-rome-cd-key.html#.VDmWJOl0yUk

Is that a legit site?

I have bought one or two things from there without issue but up to each person to decide for themselves.

Silent Disapproval Robot

So you have to set up a VPN that says you're from Turkey?  Is that right?  Seems kinda dodgy to me.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 11, 2014, 05:35:26 PM
So you have to set up a VPN that says you're from Turkey?  Is that right?  Seems kinda dodgy to me.

No, I have never done that for any game I have bought.  Wouldn't even know how to do it:)

Gusington

I got my copy from Green Man for 25% off, ~37.00. And no Turkish VPN :)

I would have got Ryse too but Green Man did not have it available yet. At least, I couldn't find it through their search.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Okay I've seen this game pop up on Steam but I didn't watch any of the trailers until now.

The first trailer, near the end, has the dude saying "Maximum Armor" and is encased in a Crysis-style modern combat armor suit. In ancient Rome. WTH???

Tpek

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 12, 2014, 06:24:09 PM
Okay I've seen this game pop up on Steam but I didn't watch any of the trailers until now.

The first trailer, near the end, has the dude saying "Maximum Armor" and is encased in a Crysis-style modern combat armor suit. In ancient Rome. WTH???

In MP you can choose your character's skin.
The nanosuit is one of the possible options :P

BanzaiCat

Thanks, Tpek.

See, that's just wrong. I dunno. I don't play MP games much but including that makes me think you can don that modern combat armor and just kick major ass.

This game is definitely on my wishlist - I watched part of a Let's Play vid last night on this game and it looks awesome just as JH said it was.

Jarhead0331

I'm about 60 to 70% of the way through the campaign. The game has taken a sharp turn toward the ahistorical (don't worry, no crysis suits yet). This doesn't really bother me. I'm still really enjoying the game. Its going to be a relatively short campaign though. I'm more than half way through and only have about 4 hours in. It is very linear with no side missions or quests. Had they added some side missions, I think the game would have been much better because it would have felt more open world.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18