Battle Academy 2 is out on 12th September

Started by Boggit, August 12, 2014, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on September 12, 2014, 12:43:52 PM
According to Slitherine this game is coming out on Steam today.  If that is true I'll get it there otherwise I'll get it from Slitherine.

Why not get it from Matrix/Slitherine?  Then you could have both a Steam version and a standalone copy you can backup and use separately?  Best of both worlds!

Nefaro

Also... does the release version of BA2 come with the randomized missions?  Or was that something they planned on adding later?

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on September 12, 2014, 07:32:45 PM
Also... does the release version of BA2 come with the randomized missions?  Or was that something they planned on adding later?

There's a skirmish mode where you get to setup yer own engagements.

tgb

Does it still have the cartoony graphics?  That's what really turned me off to the first one.

Barthheart

Well the graphics are still a little cartoony.... but the colours are much more muted and the voice acting is a little more serious.
It is aimed at being an intro wargame after all.

Next weekend I'll tell and show you more.  ;)

Great Ajax

Link to my historical skirmish list mod.  It includes over eighty historical army lists from 1941-1945 and is usable in skirmish and multiplayer.

Some Examples of what is included:

Fallschirmjager Company
Panzer Aufklarungs Company
SS Armored Panzergrenadier Company
StuG Batterie
Panzergrenadier Kampfgruppe 1945
Fuehrer Panzer Company

Rifle Battalion
Partisan Brigade
Assault Sapper Battalion
Forward Detachment
Guards Heavy Tank Battalion
Medium Self Propelled Artillery Regiment

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=48872

Trey

Barthheart

Very cool! Thanks for all that hard work Trey.  O0

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Apocalypse 31

I Picked this up from the Slitherine site - so I could get both downloads.

So far I'm really digging it. I like the coop and the skirmish modes

jomni

Quote from: Great Ajax on September 14, 2014, 12:54:41 PM
Link to my historical skirmish list mod.  It includes over eighty historical army lists from 1941-1945 and is usable in skirmish and multiplayer.

Some Examples of what is included:

Fallschirmjager Company
Panzer Aufklarungs Company
SS Armored Panzergrenadier Company
StuG Batterie
Panzergrenadier Kampfgruppe 1945
Fuehrer Panzer Company

Rifle Battalion
Partisan Brigade
Assault Sapper Battalion
Forward Detachment
Guards Heavy Tank Battalion
Medium Self Propelled Artillery Regiment

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=48872

Trey

That's great!

Great Ajax

I just figured out how to add units from the first Battle Academy so looks like I need to add some Western Front lists now.

Trey

Quote from: jomni on September 14, 2014, 06:21:04 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on September 14, 2014, 12:54:41 PM
Link to my historical skirmish list mod.  It includes over eighty historical army lists from 1941-1945 and is usable in skirmish and multiplayer.

Some Examples of what is included:

Fallschirmjager Company
Panzer Aufklarungs Company
SS Armored Panzergrenadier Company
StuG Batterie
Panzergrenadier Kampfgruppe 1945
Fuehrer Panzer Company

Rifle Battalion
Partisan Brigade
Assault Sapper Battalion
Forward Detachment
Guards Heavy Tank Battalion
Medium Self Propelled Artillery Regiment

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=48872

Trey

That's great!

jomni

Started the Barbarossa campaign yesterday.  So far so good. Two missions done. Missions feel better than the first BA. Less of a puzzle and a bit more forgiving (so far).

steve58

Quote from: Bison on September 12, 2014, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 07:12:22 AM
Dammit...I missed the first one, must get this.


The first one isn't out of print or stock.  You can still get it and play as a manly American commander.

...and its currently Matrixgames Deal of the Week for $20.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Apocalypse 31

On day 1 of playing I put in 5 hours.

Something about BA 2's combat mechanics are much improved, but I cant put my finger on it.

I've been really enjoying the coop skirmish mode.

I need some coop partners.

jomni

Yes. I don't know what changed or maybe it is the scenario design. But results and tactics are now more realistic (despite the simplicity) and less of a trial and error puzzle like before as mentioned earlier.

For coop, I haven't tried, just set up a game and I'll join you.