I withdraw my support for RPS and eat a large slice of humble pie

Started by Huw the Poo, August 23, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 24, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: panzerde on August 24, 2014, 02:36:40 PMBob, I'm disappointed that you would lower the quality of the discussion so readily in this little tit for tat!

If you didn't remember what quality Bawb's puns are, you've got a dreadful mammary
I'd forgotten, and now I feel a right tit! ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Staggerwing

Too bad the whole thing couldn't have been nipped in the bud.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 24, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
Too bad the whole thing couldn't have been nipped in the bud.

No way that's happening now. The extremists have taken over the conversation. You have the social justice uberwarriors bashing heads with the loser douchebags who are apparently terrified of vaginas. Any chance for reasonable discussion is dead. I recommend staying far away for anyone who wants to maintain a semblance of sanity.


Boggit

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 24, 2014, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 24, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
Too bad the whole thing couldn't have been nipped in the bud.

No way that's happening now. The extremists have taken over the conversation. You have the social justice uberwarriors bashing heads with the loser douchebags who are apparently terrified of vaginas. Any chance for reasonable discussion is dead. I recommend staying far away for anyone who wants to maintain a semblance of sanity.
Sounds like the thread is off to R&P before war breaks out, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... :knuppel2:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

Man, you guys will milk these stories for all their worth...

???

8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

My patience for this type of thing is really starting to sag.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

These things are just so much padding intended to fill the soft gaps.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Mr. Bigglesworth

You have to implant some substance into the story. Maybe some silicone will help it stick.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

someone may have to go undercover to expose the truth. Or at least release the catch to show the story is padded.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

undercovergeek


Staggerwing

Not even this crew could have that kind of effect- Boobs are Man's breast friend!!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

What we need now is a game called "Battle Bewbs" ;D How cool is that? 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

donkey_roxor

I never even noticed RPS had forums.

For my part, I think RPS (at least the front page, which is the only thing I look at) is fine. I read what I like and think might be interesting, and I skip what I don't like or find boring/stupid.