Main Menu

Pike and Shot

Started by Rayfer, September 05, 2014, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PAK

Quote from: jomni on October 22, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

They can even recode ancient warfare Field of Glory into this and dump the old FOG computer game.

I would prefer 7 Years War or Great Northern War. Ancients, Napoleonics and Civil War were already played to the dead

Nefaro

Quote from: PAK on October 23, 2014, 02:45:09 AM
Quote from: jomni on October 22, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

They can even recode ancient warfare Field of Glory into this and dump the old FOG computer game.

I would prefer 7 Years War or Great Northern War. Ancients, Napoleonics and Civil War were already played to the dead


Naaa..

We need more of everything Pre-Napoleonic.

Gusington

Has the Great Northern War been mentioned as a possible expansion to this?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

#138
Edit
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Cyrano

Based on an Historicon conversation a couple years ago, I see an opportunity for DLC in the P&S era, but they surely want to use the "already in the can" FOG:Napoleonics rules in the near future.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

17th & 18th centuries first, plz?

Mainly the 18th, I suppose.

Cyrano

By-the-by, if you haven't found it, pressing shift-3 gives a lower-angle view of the battlefield.

Solved one of my larger gripes during the BETA.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Rayfer

A 'Wot I Think' review from RPS. Curious of what you guys think of it.  This is a game I'm considering getting.  Thanks.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/24/pike-and-shot-review/#more-244467

Cyrano

Overwritten (then again, who am I to judge), but pretty well spot-on, I think me.

Also, you can get the views he refers to with the shift-3 I mentioned earlier.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Grimnirsson

QuoteBattle visuals don't include corpses or lowered pikes.

That's what killed it for me...these strange looking block style units with their pikes straight up in the air all the time...no...I can't stand that  :crazy2:
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

spelk

A link in the comments of the RPS review of the game had this clip



That really sets the scene for the game, if you like jazzing up your enthusiasm before playing.

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on October 24, 2014, 09:34:31 AM
Overwritten (then again, who am I to judge), but pretty well spot-on, I think me.

Also, you can get the views he refers to with the shift-3 I mentioned earlier.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)


Ugh.

Yet another review with way too many Panzer/Tiger references that have nothing to do with WW2.  ::)


Maybe some of these people should just go fap it to Tiger porn before writing and get that nonsense out of their system?

Cyrano

I'm more a Panther-porn fellow myself, but your point is taken...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

magnus

 Is this the French version of "The patriot"?

I always thought Conde won the battle.

panzerde

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2014, 11:34:27 AM
QuoteBattle visuals don't include corpses or lowered pikes.

That's what killed it for me...these strange looking block style units with their pikes straight up in the air all the time...no...I can't stand that  :crazy2:

The graphics are specifically intended to reflect period woodcuts of battles. The battlefields do indeed look very much like contemporary illustrations. Combined with the watercolor style terrain its a nice, albeit different effect.

They said that they are going to try and insert battle debris and casualties in a future patch.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres