Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk

Started by MetalDog, October 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^Who better to know?

The tech tree for AoW III, the spell book and the unit types are all very addicting. Once I find a faction I really like I think I can get 100s of hours out of the game.

Can't compare it to Fallen Enchantress yet as I haven't fired it up. Endless Legend felt more bare bones but I still liked it.

AoW III is the tops for me right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

you cant be replaced.

I'd stick you on my lawn any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday.

and then do naughty things to you at night when the sprinklers weren't on and no one was looking.

though the sprinklers have a certain appeal.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 12, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
you cant be replaced.

I'd stick you on my lawn any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday.

and then do naughty things to you at night when the sprinklers weren't on and no one was looking.

though the sprinklers have a certain appeal.

Sometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

I played the crap out of CK2 Saturday night as a Duke in Poland.  I'm carving out a nice little kingdom for myself.  The key is to go slow and steady, like the tortoise.   ^-^
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy.
Well then call me a fag, 'cuz the Elves are gonna stomp all over everyone in my game!  O:-) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

#80
Didn't play much this weekend but still managed to pursue my conquest of China in Storm over the Pacific and complete one mission in Omerta.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PMSometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)

if that were true, we'd have a PitF review by now!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on October 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
Sometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)

stream of conscious spoken word haiku.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

#83
Well I never did get to go on Steel Beasts! Damn.

All my time was on DCS Mig-21bis and Combat Mission:Shock Force

I said some time ago that I didn't get the furor of people playing Combat Mission in minute impulses. I also added that was one of the reasons I hadn't played PBEM. The PBEM thing was also to do with the "breaking up" of the experience...I always thought you were going to be detached from the game and your experience would be marred.

However, having had (and continuing as we speak) a great PBEM experience with Cyrano, I have to say I've been totally converted to impulse play. I'm also very much enjoying the PBEM experience and rather than have a broken gaming experience, I'm really looking forward to that email with the turn so I can see what occurred.

So I have been converted and in fact fired up the German campaign of Combat Mission:Shock Force and was happily playing it in impulse mode. You get to see so much more.

It's a tad more tricky with orders. In one turn, I told my infantry to mount a Half Track and then gave the half track a move order to take the infantry to a house. As it happens, the Half Track started to move before the infantry (I had gave it a xx second pause order) got there and as such they started running after the HT - in full view of the enemy who wasted no time in removing them from this world!

Can CM:SF be upgraded to the new engine? I missed being able to move destination points and include waypoints.

Thanks Cyrano for a great game.  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

CMSF is in the pipeline for an upgrade, i would imagine after Black Sea

im glad you like the new format - i couldnt play any other way

Grim.Reaper

Had limited game time this weekend, but most of my time went towards NBA 2k15....been in a sports mood and love the fact that NBA and FIFA were both on the PC.  Its a great game, even though I am not a basketball guru or even like watching it on tv:)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Martok on October 13, 2014, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy.
Well then call me a fag, 'cuz the Elves are gonna stomp all over everyone in my game!  O:-)

  I believe the word you're looking for here is mince.

Kushan

Spent most of Saturday catching up on YouTube LP's, doing some Command scenario research, and KSP.

Spent most of yesterday playing Wasteland 2. Was making some slow but good progress through the Ag Center, until I ran into the boss in the irrigation valve room. Don't have the resources to fully heal my entire team. After losing to him a few times, I decided to head back to the main building and go through the east and west areas that I initially skipped over. All my characters are a fight or two short of leveling. I'm exploit the system a little bit and take advantage of the full health restore that happens when you level.

Been doing a little bit of save scumming. But mainly to experiment with different abilities and interactive objects, never to undo a critical failure on a safe or lock....well maybe once or twice  ::)

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see what happens when the mod tools get released.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

BanzaiCat

I finished watching a ton of Let's Play videos for Alien: Isolation. Great game, VERY immersive and VERY tense, but the ending...without giving away spoilers...meh, disappointing. I can't tell if they ended it the way they did because they want to create a sequel or DLC. Still, the fear is strong in me. Even if it was only five bucks I'd have to think LONG and hard about wanting to buy a game that has me wanting to sh!t my pants every 10 seconds. In that regard, it has succeeded tremendously.

Did some more work on my Fire in the Lake review, which should be done and sent in sometime this week.

I sold a bunch of DS and Xbox 360 games and a couple of DSs I had for a long time but haven't played in years, to GameStop for a bunch of credit, most of which went directly into a big Steam card. :) I bought Night of the Rabbit and the Syberia bundle (both 1 & 2) because both seemed intriguing. Tried NotR a bit last night and I can't tell if I have one of the cleverest storytelling games ever made or if it's for 5-year-olds. Time will tell.

Thought about buying Ryse: Son of Rome or Wasteland 2, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

JasonPratt

Played a bit of Lotro, not much, advanced the local Bree plotting a little more -- I've drained the missions there down to the local band clans, which I am trying to infiltrate after poisoning some wolves.

Got my niece going (again) on Lego LotR, had to restart from scratch because we were on a new system, but advanced a little farther than we previously had: now on the confusing split-screen section where one player fights Saruman as Gandalf and the other player is shepherding hobbits through the scary woods to Bree.

Studied CK2 more in preparation for the new upcoming DLC. Started a game as Sigurdthr queen of sheep, up in the Faeroes, which as far as I can tell is the absolute minimum player character available at the earliest age (until the new DLC tomorrow anyway) -- gave me a chance to look at the most simplified possible setup, and also to write some epic skalding. I don't know if I'll pick up her ancestor from a few generations back when the DLC releases, or a quite different kind of Sieman group in a much more south-central portion of the map: they should certainly still be there a couple of generations earlier, and even less developed (if possible) than in an Old Gods starting date of 867, but they have more immediate interaction options and are historically more notable.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!