Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk

Started by MetalDog, October 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 13, 2014, 08:08:40 AM
Spent most of Saturday catching up on YouTube LP's, doing some Command scenario research, and KSP.

Spent most of yesterday playing Wasteland 2. Was making some slow but good progress through the Ag Center, until I ran into the boss in the irrigation valve room. Don't have the resources to fully heal my entire team. After losing to him a few times, I decided to head back to the main building and go through the east and west areas that I initially skipped over. All my characters are a fight or two short of leveling. I'm exploit the system a little bit and take advantage of the full health restore that happens when you level.

Been doing a little bit of save scumming. But mainly to experiment with different abilities and interactive objects, never to undo a critical failure on a safe or lock....well maybe once or twice  ::)

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see what happens when the mod tools get released.


I try to get my team spread out, set up, and kneeling while still in real-time when I can.  Then have them fire to initiate combat.  Because if it switches to turn-based mode due to proximity, many of the enemies end up getting their turn before some of my characters.  Plus.. you get a free extra shot in at the start.  Sometimes it's only my sniper that's in range but that's better than nothing. 

I don't recall if the Ag Center boss allowed you to get the jump on him like this, since you were in dialogue with him right before combat started.  But I did individually select my characters and positioned them before speaking to him, ready for a fight.  If nothing else I had them kneeling beforehand so they didn't need to spend the AP on it.


EDIT:  BTW.. Sniper Rifle is a must.  I'd debate having two of them if I started a new campaign although ammo would be tight (I've not had an ammo shortage problem in my playthrough).  The damage is SO much higher than other guns, and the range is obviously nice too if you have some short-range thugs to keep the beasties away from them.

Gusington

Anguille you were late to the party with your avatar but DAYUM...it was worth the wait.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2014, 09:42:33 AM
I try to get my team spread out, set up, and kneeling while still in real-time when I can.  Then have them fire to initiate combat.  Because if it switches to turn-based mode due to proximity, many of the enemies end up getting their turn before some of my characters.  Plus.. you get a free extra shot in at the start.  Sometimes it's only my sniper that's in range but that's better than nothing. 

I don't recall if the Ag Center boss allowed you to get the jump on him like this, since you were in dialogue with him right before combat started.  But I did individually select my characters and positioned them before speaking to him, ready for a fight.  If nothing else I had them kneeling beforehand so they didn't need to spend the AP on it.


EDIT:  BTW.. Sniper Rifle is a must.  I'd debate having two of them if I started a new campaign although ammo would be tight (I've not had an ammo shortage problem in my playthrough).  The damage is SO much higher than other guns, and the range is obviously nice too if you have some short-range thugs to keep the beasties away from them.

Thanks for the advice. My lead character is the sniper of the group. Like you I debated on having two from the get go but decided not to since I ran into some ammo issues my first go around. Ammo doesn't seem to be such a big issue this time around. Having almost every skill to open locked safes, lockboxes, and computers has really helped. Found a really nice upgrade for my sniper by unlocking the electronic safe in the Ag Center medical room.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Anguille

#96
Glad you enjoy it guys... ;)

I like Starfury's one very much too...

JudgeDredd

Nice avatar W8taminute. From Heart of Glass video if I'm not mistaken.

I was very much in love with Blondie when I was a wee teenager.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart


JudgeDredd

oh aye Bartheart. There was a wee wully. I started putting weight on when I left the forces (strange that)...daily calories expended dropped massively and I didn't adjust my intake

I wish I had done it back then - things would be a lot simpler  >:(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 13, 2014, 03:53:44 PM
^agreed  :P

get your shit together Bawb!   >:(

I have no idea how to create a gif avatar, or, if it comes to that, know where to look for suitable content  O:-)

I leave that stuff to you experts.......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Bawb please don't stoop to our level. You'll get a crick in your back and not be able to get back up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

He'll get a crick in his back, while the rest of us get a crick somewhere else.

Gusington

Well playing the dwarves in Age of Wonders III certainly suits me  >:D ...I have been waiting for a game like this since I was 12  :D

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.