Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?

Started by Philippe, October 13, 2014, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Grim.Reaper

I can hit the website without any issue using Internet Explorer.

bbmike

Its been down for a while now. No access with Firefox or Internet Explorer for me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

I wonder if region/provider specific or something....I am still getting in without issue.


bbmike

From their Facebook page:
GamersGate- We know that some of you have trouble accessing our website right now. We know about this and we are working to solve the problem as soon as possible.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

tgb

What's funny is I got a promo email from them this morning, and couldn't get into the site to take advantage of it.

Greybriar

I was unable to access GamersGate for about 24 hours. Then it came back up just in time for me to redeem the 20% off coupon they sent me last month.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Odd.  I was one of the fortunate folks with no problems.  I wonder what the common denominator was? 




Quote from: Greybriar on October 13, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
I was unable to access GamersGate for about 24 hours. Then it came back up just in time for me to redeem the 20% off coupon they sent me last month.
...Which I'd forgotten about til this morning.  Idiot [me]...  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces


Grim.Reaper

Strange situation.....still up for me though.  Although I really have no need to access that site right now:)

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

Posted on Facebook

Dear supporters,

As some of you have experienced our site may be difficult to connect or is slow. Especially for users from US or Asia. It's getting better every hour so bare with us. We're obviously not the only site out there suffering from a "bot-attack" but we can assure you that we will reload and fight back!

We are sorry for any inconvenience
/GG Crew

BanzaiCat

..."bare with us"??

Are they insinuating bewbs should be posted to their FB page?